Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Teiran

i'm meaner than my demons, i'm bigger than these bones

"I'm not a flowers sort of girl, you could say," Teiran responded, once again eyeing the crown as he shifted it back into place as though it were an injured animal, prepared to strike. No, she certainly didn't understand the idea of it. She supposed it made sense in this atmosphere, but some people wore flowers regularly and that seemed impractical. Maybe it was the hardened warrior in her. Such pretty things would only be covered in sand, dust and blood, in her line of work.

"The pleasure is mine," the sentiment sounded wrong coming from her. Robotic, practiced, but she observed that this was a common phrase to say when one spoke of the pleasantness of another's company, "Raymond." She had no intentions of coming off rude, and she surmised that maybe if anyone else was standing in front of her except this man that maybe they would think she were mocking them. He, however, seemed to take her social ineptitude (for that is certainly what it was) in stride. 

It was as good a conversation as she had ever had, Teiran supposed. Then again, she hadn't come here to "chat" and make friends. Did she really even know what a friend was, or how they were supposed to act? No. She was only here to survey, to keep an eye on their neighbors. On that note, the girl had realized early on that none from Denocte had come, which only reminded her of the sight of the pass being turned to dust. It made her suspicious for sure, and she wondered if it would be possible to glean any information about it out of other festival goers. Only time would tell.

'What's it like, besides dry?'

His question grabbed her attention back, and although she had missed whatever had come before she surmised he meant Solterra. There was no other place as dry in Novus. "Hot." Teiran responded, lackluster humor and dryness returning again. "Everything is covered in and colored like sand. It's dangerous, if you don't know what you are doing or where you are going." It fostered strong people, maybe even dangerous people. Definitely some with dark intentions. But not all of Solterra was that way. "It's beautiful, and raw."

"Speaking."

@Raymond

Messages In This Thread
Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers - by Raymond - 05-04-2018, 06:49 PM
RE: Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers - by Teiran - 05-04-2018, 07:53 PM
RE: Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers - by Teiran - 05-09-2018, 11:50 AM
RE: Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers - by Teiran - 05-21-2018, 03:24 PM
RE: Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers - by Teiran - 06-01-2018, 11:05 AM