Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - daisy, always dancing to the same beat

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Caine

c a i n e
take my hand. feel my heart.
tell me what's wrong with it.

H
is velvet pelt is feverishly hot — so scalding to the touch that the sleek wings draped along Caine’s shoulders hang limp and weary, like black silk fraying at the edges. A sheen of sweat covers his midnight skin like polish, and under the sun’s relentless barrage he gleams like a marbled Adonis.

Brows smooth, lips roseate, the silver-eyed boy’s expression gives none of his discomfort away. But if one knows Caine, truly knows him, it requires just a wayward glance — a tender tilt of the head — to see his meticulous facade trembling like a fading mirage.

A travesty (or a blessing?) that no one knows him enough.

The Illusionist cuts through the swaying grass like a knife slicing through butter, his steps precise and his smile unholy. Legs wrapped in swirling shadows rise high above the summer foliage, his unbound hair dancing like ribbons in the breeze. Caine’s eyes see everything and nothing at once, pools of mercury shifting from one shape to the next in casual indifference.

By all accounts, he should’ve seen her.

“Oh!” Startled, Caine halts as his head tilts sharply down. Silver eyes solidify, pupils widening until his ghoulish gaze looks somewhat human again. “… I probably looked like a rock just sitting here in the middle of the meadow…” the girl rambles, an apologetic smile painting an endearing blush on her pale cheeks.

His hooves dance backwards until he is a respectable distance away. Petals swirl around them as she stands, and one tangles softly in his flowing mane. The violet petal is stark and luminous against his hair, and Caine is almost sorry when it falls to the dirt below.

“My apologies, miss.” He smiles with a hint of bashfulness (he’s found its effects miraculous at easing wary minds) as he extends a polite muzzle to steady her on her hooves. “My mind was elsewhere. I did not see you until it was too late.”

“Are you here for the festival?” Her innocence sparks off her like shimmering dew, and Caine is instantly amused. A perfect distraction to reign in his wandering mind.

Idly, he remembers the smile of the phoenix girl — so much sharper than the heather gray maiden’s in front of him. Granted, he had been a different man entirely with her.

“Are you?” He spins her question back at her with a sly grin. "It's been rather tedious attending an affair like this alone,” Caine laments, gaze falling curiously into eyes of sparkling blue. “Care to join me?”

@Lisseut | "speaks" | notes: -drops this a million years late-
rallidae

Messages In This Thread
daisy, always dancing to the same beat - by Lisseut - 05-11-2018, 08:27 PM
RE: daisy, always dancing to the same beat - by Caine - 06-07-2018, 01:37 AM