Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - For the birds

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Histe

HISTE
you can't find the words so you scream instead

"Shut up!" Histe snapped, her loud voice ringing out across the empty -- or so she assumed -- land. To her right a flock of birds squawked and took flight, startled by the sudden interruption of her voice on an otherwise peaceful morning. To her left Merikh rolled his amber eyes and huffed. "You know I'm right." Was his reply to his striped companion. "I said shut up!" Histe repeated a little more loudly this time, to which Merikh responded with a snarl.

This was their normal. They would argue. They would fight. Then they would be friends again, hunting and eating together as they always had since they'd been bonded together.

"If we stayed in Helovia you'd be dead." Merikh persisted. "You couldn't beat him in a fight. You know it." His insistence that she would have met her death only made Histe angrier and angrier with the cougar. There was no way in hell he could have killed her. Absolutely. No. Way.

"Dead and rotten." Merikh pressed on. "Food for the maggots. And me." He then leveled his gaze on the mare. "I'd definitely eat you if you died."

At first Histe didn't know what to think about that little tidbit of information, but then her temper flared. Her ears disappeared into the thin strands of her mane and her blood stained lips pulled back from her teeth. Merikh knew the telltale signs of when his bonded was about to attack, so he was ready for it. By the time her head shot forward and teeth snapped at where his face would have been he'd already run several feet ahead.

Histe was not far behind, bellowing her anger as she thundered after the cougar.

But the chase was cut short by the scent of fresh blood. She stumbled to an ungraceful stop, nostrils quivering as she scented the air. Her skin prickled with delight because there was nothing better than the smell of fresh blood. She just needed to find where and who it was coming from.

That wouldn't prove to be difficult, however, because there was only one other horse around. She had missed him before because of Merikh and his stupidity, but now he had her full attention.

The blood stained mare stalked toward the stallion and when she was only several paces away she stopped. The blood she had smelled was definitely coming from him, but she couldn't see any fresh blood on him. Her pale eyes traveled across his body, then down his leg and stopped at his hoof. Peeking out from beneath it she could see part of ... a wing?

So he had killed a bird.

"You gonna eat that?"

"."

ooc://
i'm a little rusty with her, but i'll get better 

Credits

@Silas

Messages In This Thread
For the birds - by Silas - 05-16-2018, 08:07 AM
RE: For the birds - by Histe - 05-22-2018, 06:06 PM
RE: For the birds - by Silas - 06-01-2018, 12:44 PM
RE: For the birds - by Histe - 06-10-2018, 11:29 AM