Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - crooked smiles, calloused hands [relic contest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Reichenbach

R E I C H E N B A C H

[Image: Pthve7r.png]

LIKE ICARUS LOVED THE SUN

It was a long, treacherous path to the peak of Veneror, where Reichenbach placed his small bundle of sacrifices once a month. He knew the path well, though it changed almost as constantly as the weather - knew where to place his neat, hard hooves and where not to place his weight. He was so used to the chill of the mountain by now that he had almost stopped feeling the cold - almost. Not tonight. He'd settled in one of the little granite nooks of the mountain, shielded carefully from the wild winds that had been known to whisk horses away into nothingness. His camp was small and simple, pressed against the mountain behind him even as a merry fire crackled before him. Veneror Peak was one of the hardest places to get a fire going - he'd figured as much as a teen, angry and shivering while clutching his small bundle of alpine forget-me-nots and a bunch of honey soaked bluestems, his gifts to Calligo. 

The memory curled like smoke within him, bringing a small, amused smile to grace his velveteen lips. He had had to learn too much too quickly as a child, a rushed education on life and how to survive and yet... he felt almost thankful for that experience. It had brought him this serenity, this purpose. The stars above him twinkled distantly, the night sky burning with cold and distance as he watched them mindlessly, a balm to soothe the other memories that lingered insidiously in the back of his mind, pressing at him with cold fingers. Reich glanced back to the flames, casting the planes of his rough boned face crimson and orange, the flames echoing in the depths of his abyssal silver eyes. His piety was something that he had learned, too.

Each month he set off toward and through the Arma Mountains, gathering tributes - flowers, pretty stones, honey... He gathered it all and created a beautiful bundle of precious things for Calligo, entwining his own hair so that she would know it was from him. Then he trekked the treacherous path to the very peak of Veneror and placed his offering at the ancient temple, sometimes setting it alight if he still had the resources. His offering was tucked neatly beside him now, a woven mix of breastweed and forget-me-not as well as some dried jasmine he had to travel out of Novus to buy from merchants. Intwined in the pretty mix was some of his ebony hair, centred around a lovely piece of quartz he had found within the mountains. He was close enough that by tomorrow he would reach the peak - and thus begin his descent once again. The wind whistled past, though the Night Court warrior's little nook was quiet and still, a little slice of peace amongst the warring of the world around him. 

@Noxia agh not my best but I wanted to get something up for them! 

Messages In This Thread
crooked smiles, calloused hands [relic contest] - by Reichenbach - 06-22-2017, 01:38 AM
RE: crooked smiles, calloused hands [relic contest] - by Noxia - 06-22-2017, 10:10 AM
RE: crooked smiles, calloused hands [relic contest] - by Reichenbach - 06-25-2017, 11:15 PM
RE: crooked smiles, calloused hands [relic contest] - by Noxia - 06-26-2017, 09:41 AM
RE: crooked smiles, calloused hands [relic contest] - by Reichenbach - 06-29-2017, 10:32 PM
RE: crooked smiles, calloused hands [relic contest] - by Noxia - 08-15-2017, 11:31 PM