Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - ring like silver, ring like gold

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

Eik had not paid much attention to the dancers. To someone who had never danced, who never even understood how or why you would do such a thing, it seemed lewd to watch others. His gaze now follows Indra's gesture to the clearing where four slim-necked mares wrap around each other and sway with serpentine grace. They are the embodiment of music itself, and as he watches them a strange yearning rises in his weathered heart. "Indeed." They are even so impressive that for a foolish moment it seems to him that dancing can't be that hard.

"Just here for the afterparty, then?" She asks, and Eik just smiles a rueful smile in response. He's been thinking of storms all day and patching the holes left by a unicorn that wormed her way into his subconscious. Dusk passed and even well into the night he could not bring himself to descend into the noisy revelry. He is not sure what held him back, but it was not the anticipation of the afterparty. No, it was more like a sense of being out of place.

"I’m—new, around here"

Something about the way she says this reminds him of himself every time that one question is asked- Where are you from? What an effort it takes him to respond to such a simple question-- how is it possible to have so many words in response and yet always finding himself saying: "far away". So with this feeling in mind he withholds his many questions for now (he is insatiably curious about other lands) and asks the one that seems the most polite. "Welcome to Novus. How does it suit you?"

It is after she answers that his attention drifts in search of fire water. He is feeling jittery and too large for his body, and just wants to dull the razor sharp edges of his senses. (There are too many smells and sounds and strangers bumping into him, combined with the tap tap of the unicorn in his mind, and all his memories are unraveling and--)

"I’m sorry—you’re looking for someone," his wandering gaze snaps back to her, startled and confused. " Please, don’t keep them waiting on my account. I’m quite content playing spectator."

Most don't notice his wayward attention, or if they do they don't ever say anything about it. It takes Eik a moment to realize what an ass he's being. "Oh? Oh no, no, I just-" he isn't sure why he is so flustered, it must be some combination of the closeness of the crowd, the endless drumming, and the woman beside him. "I was looking for someplace to get a drink. Would you like to join me?" He gestures to an area of the festival where small golden lanterns appear to hover of their own accord, casting a warm light over rows of merchants peddling all manner of wares and services- from jewelry to flower crowns.

(he absently notes two unrelated things: there seem to be no weapons for sale, and a crown of white roses would be a stunning complement to his companion's red hair.)

He takes a few steps forward, sweating for a drink, and turns to look at her expectantly. "Come on, first one's on me. My name's Eik."  It is not in his nature to pester strangers, but like her he is feeling an unexpected upswing in energy-- and it is making him feel a bit cheeky.

-     -     -
There is no better way to know us
E I K
than as two wolves, come separately to a wood

@Indra ahhh she totally caught him off guard xD

Time makes fools of us all

Messages In This Thread
ring like silver, ring like gold - by Indra - 05-21-2018, 01:44 PM
RE: ring like silver, ring like gold - by Eik - 05-25-2018, 06:09 PM
RE: ring like silver, ring like gold - by Indra - 05-31-2018, 05:21 PM
RE: ring like silver, ring like gold - by Eik - 06-06-2018, 07:02 PM
RE: ring like silver, ring like gold - by Indra - 06-11-2018, 03:58 PM