Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - gods and monsters

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Hydra

HTML Tables

The plains had faded from view, the last blades of grass tracing the crudely branded snake on her hock long ago. It still burned, on her leg and in her core, and she had skulked away from the grass sea with her inky ears pinned slightly against her thick mane.

She did not welcome the reminder, obviously.

I suppose I should make my way to Denocte, she thought with a sigh. Too long has she meandered, a stray, void of a sense of urgency and thus feeling adrift in a driftless sea. Slowly she began to forge a pathway around the looming mountain, choosing her footing based on feel and an innate skill. Slowly she rolled her eyes up the rocky slopes, realizing that these, too, stood as a harbinger of nostalgia as her memories of home seeped into her mind. The cold floor of the Ivory Ridge had been stained with her blood as her mother birthed her, wrapped snugly in love and compassion.

Cool alpine air consumed her as she paused, the breeze tousling the shark’s teeth adorning her dense braids. Their sharp points tickled the midline of her arched neck in welcome reassurance. She had intended to continue plowing forward through the thick wilderness, though the scent of others, of strangers, grew stronger on the wind. She shrugged idly to herself and figured she had nothing to lose, she stepped in line and changed course for Veneror Peak.

"So is anyone really here? Or are you just playing games with us?" she heard inquired through the trees, stoic behemoths that cradled secrets beneath their boughs. A single solid thud rang out as Jaxis rang her hoof against one of the ancient trunks just as Hydra broke into her line of sight.

"You guys didn't just grow these for nothing. Or send out birds with voices just to do it… What are you here for...? Why now?" Her ears flicked forward and she beheld the black and white mare quizzically, rolling her tongue against her wolf teeth.

“… Who are you talking to?” the two year old spoke a bit brashly, surveying the area briefly as she noticed other horses trickling in. Everyone was so… fanciful. A huge! She kicked the ground with her right rear hoof absentmindedly, testing if she was dreaming. Realizing she may have come off a bit rude, she reluctantly offered up an explanation.

“It’s been awhile since I’ve seen anyone, let alone such a vast array of other horses…” she glanced around again before raising her gaze back to Jaxis. “Did something… happen here?”

H Y D R A
*if you could only see the beast you've made of me...

ooc. She's clueless about the gods XD @Jaxis

Messages In This Thread
gods and monsters - by Jaxis - 05-26-2018, 10:07 AM
RE: gods and monsters - by Hydra - 06-13-2018, 06:44 PM
RE: gods and monsters - by Jaxis - 06-14-2018, 11:43 PM
RE: gods and monsters - by Hydra - 06-27-2018, 01:01 AM
RE: gods and monsters - by Jaxis - 06-27-2018, 03:21 PM
RE: gods and monsters - by Hydra - 07-08-2018, 10:18 PM
RE: gods and monsters - by Jaxis - 07-08-2018, 11:56 PM
RE: gods and monsters - by Hydra - 07-09-2018, 12:36 AM