Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - gods and monsters

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Hydra

HIS CALL BOOMED louder than a thunderclap. There was no static, no possibility of mistaking the bellowing voice as heralding from anything other than a magical, otherworldly being. It reminded her of the raging swells as they crashed relentlessly against the rocky shores back home. Sometimes, whole shelves would tumble down into their depths, calving in the face of sheer power. Is that how they see us? As things to bend and break? she thought with a frown as she winced, uncertain if she was feeling anything other than belittled.

“He sounds pretty pissed off… I wonder what they did to be on the receiving end.” She glanced up at Jaxis, meeting her apathetic gaze. “You’ve met him before, then? In the swamps?”

“Call me ignorant, but I had my doubts that gods existed,” she admitted with a shrug and a bemused, toothless smile. Suddenly, the other horses gathered upon the summit seemed to be flocking together with purpose. A few rushed past in a flurry of colors, flowing manes, and peculiar jewelry, quickly crossing the summit to an area that Hydra was unable to see from her current vantage point. She craned her head to peer just beyond Jaxis, shuffling slightly in order to see past the towering mare.

“Do you think?” Her ears swiveled forward, straining to catch the voices that constituted the regimes. “It sounds like they’ve been trapped.” Slowly she sank back down from the tips of her black hooves, pondering the fate of those sealed behind the puzzle of granite and rage.

H Y D R A
How the heavens they opened up
Like arms of dazzling gold
With our rain-washed histories well, we do not need to be told
@Jaxis : )

Messages In This Thread
gods and monsters - by Jaxis - 05-26-2018, 10:07 AM
RE: gods and monsters - by Hydra - 06-13-2018, 06:44 PM
RE: gods and monsters - by Jaxis - 06-14-2018, 11:43 PM
RE: gods and monsters - by Hydra - 06-27-2018, 01:01 AM
RE: gods and monsters - by Jaxis - 06-27-2018, 03:21 PM
RE: gods and monsters - by Hydra - 07-08-2018, 10:18 PM