Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Man sieht nur das, was man weiß [Eik]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

Prayers?

The wind picks up, and at first he does not recognize the sound of bone striking bone. That once-familiar clatter combines with the ringing of bells-- using his tall companion, the wind is playing an eerie tune. In contrast, Eik absorbs all sounds except the slap of his mane on his neck with every gust.

Where he should feel fear, or at least caution, there is only a nervous sort of excitement-- and a strange calm that blankets it.

"I do not know how to pray."

(From the calm, anger slowly rises like a wave)

The old gods had been pleased most by actions, not words. So his kin prayed with their bodies. Fighting, feasting, fucking: they honored their gods by living and dying in passion and violence. At least that is what his people believed-- but how could they have been right, when in the end the gods let the world burn? All of it, even the great tree where life was born, gone in godless flame.

(It crests, then crashes on itself. In its wake, silence and darkness and the smell of hot iron (blood). And then nothing at all. No feeling, seeing, hearing. He becomes hollow as a vessel, as poised as the flat of the blade.)

He opens his eyes and sees only the half-hidden moon reflecting on the waves. What is the point of prayer? Either you are heard and ignored, or you are punished for wanting the wrong thing.

His heartbeat quickens as he thinks of his relationship with his creators, thump-thumping in his ears over the howl of the wind. The sea pebbles continue to tumble over themselves in fits of mocking giggles each time a wave recedes. 

He doesn't know what is going on, he usually doesn't, but if there was ever a man to calmly play with the shit hand he was given, it was Eik. He searches himself for a prayer, for anything, and find no hopes, no dreams, no wants for himself or anyone else. "Even if I  knew what to say." Another gust lovingly, violently plays with Turhan's thick mane. "I don't want the attention of the gods."

-     -     -
There is no better way to know us
E I K
than as two wolves, come separately to a wood

@Turhan <3

Time makes fools of us all

Messages In This Thread
Man sieht nur das, was man weiß [Eik] - by Turhan - 06-01-2018, 12:35 AM
RE: Man sieht nur das, was man weiß [Eik] - by Turhan - 06-08-2018, 02:05 AM
RE: Man sieht nur das, was man weiß [Eik] - by Eik - 06-19-2018, 12:18 PM