Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - a thousand eyes blinking at me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Relic

ONCE MORE
AN ERA IS FADING

He could recall tales on the olden tribes that used to frequent the swamps, though if he were more specific, they were not tribes in particular, but shamans. Horses that dedicated themselves to a specific deity, and had easily become one with the swamp. The shamans had known much about the plants and herbs, the swamp itself, as well as mixtures of poisons and salves. He had heard word of mouth about them, and never in his years of living had he really seen a group like the Ilati. Once or twice, maybe, thousands of years ago, he had met a group close to such a thing, but they had devolved in to madness, melted away in to nothing.

Relic took in a breath and let it out again, the sticky heat of summer finally melded away in to the crisp air of fall. It was a perfect time to explore the swamp; less humidity and it didn't feel like he was inhaling water each time he drew in a breath. It was a cool sixty degrees or so, the very beginnings of the fall chasing away the dying summer. A perfect combination of weather.

Cloven hooves pressed in to the boggy ground, feeling it pull at them, the usually immaculate heavenly colors becoming quickly dirtied. Relic didn't mind, really. He was a sage, a scholar, not someone that winced at dirt and grime.

"I don't suppose anyone is around... though if I were an Ilati... I would be spying from the shadows and judging the one that came in to the swamp." The sage mumbled to himself more than anything, ears twitching forward as he moved another step or two, deeper in to the lands and feeling the lukewarm water lap at his ankles, thick and muddy.

@Rhea || YELLS BC YES??

Messages In This Thread
a thousand eyes blinking at me - by Relic - 06-01-2018, 11:50 AM
RE: a thousand eyes blinking at me - by Rhea - 06-11-2018, 11:08 AM
RE: a thousand eyes blinking at me - by Relic - 06-11-2018, 06:11 PM