Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I Run On the Wrong Side of Life [Twilight Party]

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 50 — Threads: 5
Signos: 330
Inactive Character

I've gone a million miles
With the same crooked smile

Joined by his star-flecked companion around the fire, Atreus took brief note of the contents piled upon his plate, that unyielding grin of his ever upon his face. “What good is a life without a little bit of indulgence? I don’t anticipate our ‘excess’ to go anywhere any time soon.” Only then did he pause, taking the time to make work of the honey drizzled oats, each bite precise so as not to make a mess or, more importantly, appear uncivilized. He may be of Ilati blood, but he is a refined, proper man nonetheless.

What comes next is most curious to the poison master, and he looks on at Asterion with a quirked brow, his interest genuine. ”Oh?” There are many things he has carried out in his lifetime – he’d helped welcome new life into the world, cured wounds that should’ve been fatal and procured miracles – but his hands are also steeped in blood. Atreus believes himself to be safe, yet still he can’t help but wonder to what extent his name has been spread about Terrastella in his absence and the brief weeks since his return.

He hums warmly and takes another dainty bite, seeming amused. ”I hope you’ve only heard the good bits.” A joke, it may seem, to any who do not truly know him.

Their conversation moves along and the poison master’s gaze follows Asterion’s own as he looks out across those gathered, fleetingly searching for Florentine’s form to see if she had yet to become free – but alas, she is not, and he finds himself leveling his eyes on the bay’s own of umber color. Then, he shares a shred of information that captures Atreus’ interest all at once and causes his eyes to widen in surprise. “Oh, Vespera has certainly blessed me tonight – the Regent, you say?” He tucks his chin as bows ever so slightly so as not to make a scene, crossing his front right leg over the left before straightening. ”You do have a regal air about you; I should’ve known better.”

In truth, Atreus could care less about the titles of those he spoke to. To those of power he would always show utmost respect and wear a mask of joviality before them – but to him, it was all just a game. One of his favorites.

”Well,” he continues with Asterion’s final statement, ”It’s a comely party; enchanting, even. I commend you. But… surely, a man with such status as your own is burdened with far more toilsome tasks than mere parties?”

And I always give you all you need
But I can see that you're dancing with the devil

@Asterion sorry he's a weirdo

be careful with that one, love, he will do what it takes to survive

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Run On the Wrong Side of Life [Twilight Party] - by Asterion - 06-09-2018, 10:42 AM
RE: I Run On the Wrong Side of Life [Twilight Party] - by Asterion - 06-27-2018, 11:31 AM
RE: I Run On the Wrong Side of Life [Twilight Party] - by Atreus - 06-28-2018, 10:31 PM
RE: I Run On the Wrong Side of Life [Twilight Party] - by Asterion - 06-29-2018, 08:13 PM
RE: I Run On the Wrong Side of Life [Twilight Party] - by Asterion - 12-13-2018, 02:19 PM