Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - OH, VERDANT TOWERS!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Myfanwy

Myfanwy, may you spend your lifetime

Beneath the midday sunshine's glow,
Myfanwy knew what it felt like to be meat. She had grown up under the constant threat of butchery by Ilati hunting parties, prized for the magical properties of her body as an object rather than for the depth of her personality. She knew what it was like to covet meat, too, for she was as much predator as she was prey, and Toro's hungry eyes didn't escape her notice as they crept over her delicate frame.

The kelpie listened, doing her best to maintain the thread of his words as he spoke, even through the anticipatory pangs of a hunter's impatience warred with her own nervousness in her mind. As prey, he dwarfed her. It made him a threat every bit as much as his wicked-sharp horns.

...I'm guessing you're from around here?

The lilac lady nearly missed his half-question through her distraction - a misstep mercifully concealed by his own eagerness to move on to himself. As he looked away, she saw the familiar thickening of undergrowth that heralded the Rapax river. Its dull roar had been needling her ears for minutes.

"I am and I'm not," Myfanwy replied, unintentionally coy. To be honest she didn't know the safest way to answer the question, and the truth of the matter was slightly stranger than pure fiction. "I wasn't born here, but this is where I live now." Nothing about why. She wasn't ready to explain that much to herself yet, let alone him. The river loomed, a living and breathing thing before their eyes; Myfanwy smiled sweetly. "That's the way out." Across its expanse lay the Iluster Meadow and, somewhere in that vast openness, the Dawn Court, which she had heard described to her but never visited.

She had but to lift her veil, and he should step gladly into the embrace of a watery grave, but curiosity gnawed at her.

"Why was it worth it?"
And on your cheeks O may the roses

Dance for a hundred years or so.

@El Toro

Messages In This Thread
OH, VERDANT TOWERS! - by El Toro - 06-13-2018, 03:30 PM
RE: OH, VERDANT TOWERS! - by Myfanwy - 06-14-2018, 07:53 PM
RE: OH, VERDANT TOWERS! - by El Toro - 06-16-2018, 11:01 PM
RE: OH, VERDANT TOWERS! - by Myfanwy - 06-24-2018, 03:09 AM
RE: OH, VERDANT TOWERS! - by El Toro - 06-25-2018, 01:34 AM
RE: OH, VERDANT TOWERS! - by Myfanwy - 06-27-2018, 11:09 AM
RE: OH, VERDANT TOWERS! - by El Toro - 07-02-2018, 11:24 PM