Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - heatwave

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Tuolouse

TUOMAS

I
t was honestly amazing, how easily the golden serpent could become bored. ’It’s as if I’m becoming Toulouse in nature as well as appearance,’ he mused silently to himself, his eyes politely trained on the paint.

“Brynjar,” he sounded out the syllables, trying out the name. ’I’ve never heard of that one, either.’ “Your father’s home… but not your own?” His question was innocent enough, but leading. He wondered if she would take the bait.

He gave an easy shrug in response. “Everyone likes what they’re used to. But life isn’t near interesting enough if you can never get used to something different.” Tuomas dipped his head so that his hair fell neatly down his neck again, obscuring his forehead and crest from view beneath the thick curls.

“A noble enough reason for the voyage, I suppose. Perhaps the sticky weather will be the easiest thing to get used to,” he suggested, watching her eyes curiously. “It sounds like there may be a good deal more differences between the North and Novus than just the weather.” ’And not everyone has it in them to change, to adapt,’ he thought to herself, but this thought he kept to himself as his gaze followed hers back out to the waves. He wasn’t here to step on anyone’s toes… just for some information.

Of course, he was never as prepared to share information as he was to learn it.

His head snapped to attention, regarding her carefully. Thankfully, she had unknowingly given him a way out… and ever the actor, Tuomas allowed a guilty smile to come onto his lips and into his eyes, ever so slowly.

“You caught me,” he allowed, punctuating his admission with a laugh. “The stories have been a bit of a siren call for me.” ’Wouldn’t you like to know which?’

“But on second thought... I'm trying to find this "new start" everyone has been speaking of,” he eyed her carefully, before turning and beginning to head along the beach, in the direction of the Court.

"I'll see you around?" he threw back over his shoulder as he left her. But was it a question - or a promise?

@valkyr  
edited to include his exit!
"talking." acting.

lunarblues art

Messages In This Thread
heatwave - by Valkyr - 06-15-2018, 08:20 PM
RE: heatwave - by Tuolouse - 06-18-2018, 03:28 PM
RE: heatwave - by Valkyr - 06-18-2018, 04:04 PM
RE: heatwave - by Tuolouse - 06-30-2018, 05:24 PM
RE: heatwave - by Valkyr - 07-03-2018, 03:52 PM
RE: heatwave - by Tuolouse - 07-07-2018, 02:25 PM
RE: heatwave - by Valkyr - 08-19-2018, 11:56 AM