Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 34 — Threads: 6
Signos: 530
Inactive Character

Hold me down, I'm so tired now

His back was to the stranger when he rounded the corner. With the stick still held firmly between his teeth, the little Prince continued to drag it across the coarse surface of the citadel’s wall. But as he strayed too far past what he considered to be a comfortable distance from his parents whom grazed nearby, Regis turned to once again go back the other way, and that was when his dual-toned eyes landed on the man hooded in crimson.

He applied the brakes immediately, standing tall and still as he inspected the stranger with a healthy dose of uncertainty. He was taller than his mother and father, lacking wings but sporting an impressive set of horns that began at his forehead and ran down the length of his neck. The sight was intimidating to say the least, and for a moment the colt teetered on the decision of what to do. This man of scarlet and sable spoke then, and his query was kind enough to placate Regis at least a little. Still, craning his neck, Regis’ eyes sought out the form of his parents, short legs ready to run for them and take up his safe place beneath them. But with a single look and a few soft words of encouragement from his mother, the boy returned his attention on the stranger standing before him.

Lowering his head, Regis propped his stick carefully against the solid stone wall before turning his attention on the grassy ground underfoot. He searched, eyes flicking back and forth towards the man all the while until finally, he found his prize: another stick. Gingerly taking it between his teeth, the Prince picked his head up and took a tentative step towards the ebony man before pausing, hesitating. Another glance was given towards his parents whom continued to watch from afar, yet still they seemed at ease, feeding him comfort. Hesitantly he looked forward again, taking another careful baby step towards the man followed by another, until eventually, he was able to offer the spare stick to him.

Turning on his haunches as soon as the stranger took the stick from him, if he took it, Regis trotted back to his own, dark head bobbling all the way. Reclaiming his stick, he turned and brandished it proudly towards the man but maintained what he considered to be a comfortable distance of just a yard or so away. Now, they both had similar instruments they could be proud of, and maybe with a bit of patience, Regis would find the courage to break out of his comfort zone completely.

Aim your arrow at the sky and leave me where I lie

@Jericho I love them already :'D Also, permission was given from both Sparrow and Kat to ghost write Somnus and Eulalie!

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING, WHAT WILL YOU FALL FOR?

all contact and force is allowed at any time, sans godmodding and powerplay

Messages In This Thread
The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword - by Regis - 06-25-2018, 10:18 AM
RE: The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword - by Jericho - 06-25-2018, 09:12 PM
RE: The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword - by Regis - 06-26-2018, 09:24 PM