Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - out of the razor-wire nothingness

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Raam

As I flew down the countryside my vision become a blur- all of it except the horizon before me, the unwavering line where sea meets sky. I did not realize I passed a young mare, even afterward as she watched me. Over my heaving breath and my heartbeat in my ears I did not even hear her clumsy approach until she's right behind me. I whirl around in alarm, ears pinned back in surprise. They unfold only when I take a moment to look her over.

She's a rather unusual creature, all petite and delicate except for that red-orange bulls eye in the middle of her forehead. It reminds me of the patterns on a moth's wing, meant to imitate eyes. But what really gets me is the wings behind her ears. They are surprisingly expressive, flitting cheerfully as she looks at me with those big cheerful eyes. I've never seen anything like it, and I have seen a lot over the past few centuries.

"Just running for the feel of it." I am still a little out of breath. "It reminds me of flying." Normally the thought of all I'd lost would get me all worked up and sad again, but I'm in such a good mood from my run that I can focus on other things. Again my attention is drawn to her ears. "That is the oddest mutation I've seen." I reach out to sniff at her ear wings, wondering how such odd things came to be. As I inhale the smell of warm down feathers and beneath that the smell of her young skin, I remember that I've never really understood personal space. I take a step back with a grin.

"You're not from here, are you?" I haven't left Terrastella since the little fox brought me home with her. I know the scent of this land, and I know the strange little mare before me is not from here.

-
@Essielure <3

Messages In This Thread
out of the razor-wire nothingness - by Raam - 06-29-2018, 04:00 PM
RE: out of the razor-wire nothingness - by Essielure - 06-30-2018, 01:43 PM
RE: out of the razor-wire nothingness - by Raam - 07-02-2018, 04:54 PM