Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - here there be monsters

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

He could almost laugh at the expression on her face, half curious and half dismissive. The truth catches up to him and it is an unfamiliar and, naturally, an uncomfortable one. "I am lost," he clarifies with an uncharacteristically annoyed flick of his tail. He tries not to dress up the truth, and he is annoyed with himself for unconsciously doing so.

"I am home." She says this as simply as as the sky being blue and the earth being round and he finds himself feeling an odd sort of admiration of her confidence.

(and yet- he is not ashamed for clinging to that word- home- for as long as he did. He would sometimes mull over it for days on end, pondering its source, especially in that long, fuzzy middle period where he didn't have much to do in Solterra. Eik clings to things, he stubbornly clings and does not let go for fire, or fate, or the gods themselves. Some day it will probably be the end of him.)

He knows he can't convince her to come back to Solterra, and anyway he doesn't think he would want to. The longer he stands here the more Jaxis' features take on a reptilian quality. Her eyes have a gleam that suggest there are thoughts he would not understand running across her mind beneath the violet curtain of her eyes. All he can do is wonder, tentatively, at their depth.

She's staying here, and he is not surprised even though he finds this one of the most unlikable places he's ever been. "Do your parents know." He had not expected to say that (why do you care?) but surprise does not show itself from behind a mask of calm, curious indifference.

-  -  -  -  -
I am keeping quiet
E I K
But one day, the forest will talk about me

@Jaxis enter grandpa eik xD

Time makes fools of us all

Messages In This Thread
here there be monsters - by Jaxis - 07-03-2018, 02:22 PM
RE: here there be monsters - by Eik - 07-17-2018, 03:27 PM
RE: here there be monsters - by Jaxis - 07-22-2018, 01:43 PM
RE: here there be monsters - by Eik - 08-03-2018, 05:24 PM
RE: here there be monsters - by Jaxis - 08-08-2018, 08:01 PM