Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - it's only slaughter, only blood

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Wormlust

------------------I have seen the dark universe yawning
---------------------------------Where the black planets roll without aim,

The ocean feels like a cosmos around her, a whirlpool made not with the circling swimming of her body by the churning of all the worlds that might live inside her. They are wholly alone in this part of the sea and the sharks and fish and squids have drifted away in fear of the hurricane the two of them make below the waves as they circle, circle, circle like the snake that both lived in the old below and circled a hundred different universes at once.

“Are we both not more than flesh and bone?” Her words drift down like bits of brine and sand and they foam like a shipwreck crashing into the deep still full of all its treasures. Those massive wings upon her shoulders throb like a sail full of storm-wind when she dips lower and lower and lower. She's close enough to see the way his teeth look like bone coral in his sneer, and how his skin is darker even the dark part of the sea that holds them.

Wormlust smiles back at him and ripples flow out like halos around her when she gnashes her razor-teeth together. “I am the sea and I am the cosmos. I have seen how all flesh was knit together and how the sea made monsters and nightmares out of all of us. I am both the first of my kind and the only one that ever was. The heavens and the deep have both made altars out of my wings and the blood of more species than you could name has run rivulets down my throat and across my smile.” Oh how she smiles and drifts upon her circles until her tail tangles with her mane and both float like rain that falls up instead of down and makes things holy when it sinks into pores. And where the sea meets the edges of her it seems darker and almost purple and looks not at all like what the sea looked like before she swam around and around and around in the current deep below the surface.

And where he meets the sea she sees not blackness but something both brighter and darker that looks not like water but mystery that might be strange enough to be sentient.

It's a desolate sea that surrounds them, tempestuous as the words that float like revelations from her lips and fold back to reveal only death and decay, death and decay and salt. “And what do you think you are that you might be so like I?” Laughter bubbles out from her teeth in blooms of salted water that seem as reluctant to pop as air trapped in a sea of oil.

And still she swims round and round and round as if she is that great snake of the cosmos, bother larger and brighter than any star that ever was.

WORMLUST
monster of the sea

@Taisce

Messages In This Thread
it's only slaughter, only blood - by Wormlust - 07-06-2018, 06:14 PM
RE: it's only slaughter, only blood - by Taisce - 07-19-2018, 09:28 AM
RE: it's only slaughter, only blood - by Wormlust - 08-02-2018, 10:46 PM