Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Starscapes and Sorrows

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Noctiilucent

Fresh on the heels of the introduction of Denocte's new Sovereign, The golden tri-horned creature found herself swimming against the tides of bodies. It seemed as though the whole scene was an accurate reflection of her life. So much of her life was rife with struggles that she caused for herself, never had she had hardship thrust upon her. Not until Xamis had taken away the one she had loved the most, and she resented him for doing that to a child. "Isra!" She called out as the Sovereign seemed to be moving away from her. Within her soul she had felt a deep rumbling, the tides within her changed with just a few moments she had known Isra. Have I always been so easily swept away by those who weave words so eloquently? The thought raced through her mind, but it fell upon the pile of worries she would sift through later. Beneath the moon, her seas of gold, alabaster and ink stains glowed an eerie blue. The pendant that hung from her nape danced beneath the moonlight, shimmering when the light hit the emerald just so. She was a far cry from the comfort she found in the libraries rich with the histories and lives of those of Denocte's past.

She was now a part of living history, with the change of the throne. It was her chance to change the throne within herself, and stop wallowing in the despair she felt. Noctii was now acutely aware of the suffering of others and felt selfish for allowing herself to waste so much time. She hoped that Isra would not ignore her or be perturbed by Noctii's abrupt captivation. Was she forever doomed to chase after the crowns whose capes were made from the galaxies overhead? Noctiilucent did not halt her upstream venture amidst the ordered chaos until she stood a few feet from Isra. "Forgive my urgency, and my abrupt passion. I have spent so long locked up in a tower of sorrow, and it is my own fault. I cannot help but feel this connection for you. You breathe stardust and sadness as though they are old friends. I too know the depths of darkness that can become an all-consuming sea, so dark that white-hot stars cannot penetrate its depths. I was captivated by you, and forgive my forwardness but I find you astonishingly beautiful... And in equal measure brave to face the task of rebuilding a whole nation." She breathed out as if her words would be lost in the tides of her inner sea.

"I cannot imagine it was easy to speak of such a turbulent past, and even I am so ashamed and afraid of my own that I deny it's very existence. Perhaps someday I will speak of it to you, though I wish to offer to you my loyalty just as I had to Reichenbach before you. I'd like to extend my friendship and stop being so selfish. I cannot continue to be consumed by this darkness while others suffer." She admitted quickly, feeling out of breath as she ceased her words. Was this all too much? The golden minx waited anxiously for a response, praying to whatever deities that be that she would not be turned away. Noctii did not know if she could take another violent sting or cut to her self-esteem at this time. Rejection was the swiftest way to cut her down, though she understood that what she wanted to happen was not always what would occur.

Actions "Speech" Thoughts

"Speech"
Notes: ;faldjf Sorry this post sucks ;__:
Tags: @Isra 
Words: 589
You're the only one I see
I'm caught floating in your gravity

Messages In This Thread
Starscapes and Sorrows - by Noctiilucent - 08-17-2018, 09:20 PM
RE: Starscapes and Sorrows - by Isra - 08-18-2018, 10:04 PM