Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - 'tonight we are alive and free'

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kauri

burn through my love, i've had quite enough

Once his mind had enough of this gathering, he twists his body around to have his rump face the fire. Naiosé, annoyed by his friend's restlessness, moves over to sit next to the mare that relaxes beside them—the little fennec never taking his eyes off Kauri. The former warden looks at his companion with a certain sadness but he pricks his ears forward at the question the dame poses. He'd shake his head first; his tongue wanting to say it was simply impossible. This solitude, a state of life he has embraced for too long.

No words would come forward as he let silence spread between him and her. To be alone was the issue, this problem of seeing society as something to be afraid of. At the time he brimmed with the eternal youth seekers thirsted for, he sacrificed his need to belong for the promise of purpose and to do what Mother wished for her people. And while he fell miserable and tired, he never knew his spirit needed the seclusion. To rest away until the time came where it could become bright and rosy and spill its dreams to the one that broke the shell it hid in. The husk has cracked, now if only it opened.

"It certainly is. Fate had it that my life rot far away from any remnants of society. My death was the steps to an eternal life of solitude," he told. Of course, his fennec friend has been with him since he started his journey as a yearling. But as those years were turned into eternity, the bond became empty and meaningless. Though within this new region, it renewed what has dusted away. It seemed to bring back life to all he has lost. That was worrying.

"But fate has me baffled now. It gives back what it had taken and I'm afraid to accept it. That no longer I have to be alone," he sighed. As he remembered a thought from a different time and place, he hesitated in investing his energy into this world when possibly there stood the chance to go back home. However, he knew not if he could ever return there. And so, there’s conflict. The concept of moving on yet being able to still remember his roots, why was it difficult to grasp?

He shook his head once more to rid of this overthought. Kauri peers at the mare and his companion that remains by her side. He wouldn’t ignore her status any longer nor where he has first seen her. "How have you fared with the crown so far, your majesty? What you spoke at that meeting was quite the promise," he inquired as he diverts his rummaging thoughts toward her. While he awaits her words, he listens to the laughs and songs of those that danced about the bonfire—his gaze looking the opposite way toward the market's stalls that rest under the dark of night.

"Speaks" | Thinks
@Isra
•••

Messages In This Thread
'tonight we are alive and free' - by Isra - 08-18-2018, 08:46 PM
RE: 'tonight we are alive and free' - by Kauri - 08-19-2018, 02:58 PM
RE: 'tonight we are alive and free' - by Isra - 08-20-2018, 10:48 PM
RE: 'tonight we are alive and free' - by Kauri - 08-21-2018, 03:44 PM
RE: 'tonight we are alive and free' - by Isra - 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
RE: 'tonight we are alive and free' - by Kauri - 08-27-2018, 09:55 PM
RE: 'tonight we are alive and free' - by Isra - 09-03-2018, 08:52 PM