Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 8
Signos: 325
Inactive Character

The river. It’s a place the mare has never seen before and yet, she can sense that she should be afraid of it. The way the water moves swiftly is an invitation for jumpers, for those that want to end their lives before they can even begin. But Sloane is somewhat soothed by this feeling. It’s an invitation she has so often received and never really entertained.

But here, as she stands at the very edge of a rocky cliff, her eyes peer down at the rushing water. It’s so easy to think just one small step forward and she could be out of this hell for good. One small step can end the suffering she doesn’t like to admit that she has.

Her whole life she has always tried to be the strong, brave one. The one who fears nothing and no one all the same. But it’s in this moment that she allows mortality to settle upon her thoughts. She allows herself to feel just how lonely she is. This life has not been easy for Sloane. Fighting from the start to be accepted and taken seriously has taken its toll on the female. She’s tired of fighting. For once, she dares to hope that one think might be given to her.

And yet, she does not take that step forward. She cannot appear as a coward, though she might hate the world she lives in. Sloane thinks too much of her pride and her appearance to simply give up that easily. She refuses to be labeled a coward. She has fought too hard in this life for such labels. She deserves a better label like fearless or desirable.

It’s while her brain is sifting through these thoughts and emotions that she hears the click of a rock behind her. Someone has kicked a pebble and she hears it race along the rocky ledge. She does not address the stranger. The only indication that she has heard the individual is the way her ears flick back towards the sound. Eyes still peer down at the river. What does this stranger want? Do they not know it is rude to interrupt private reflection?

@Ipomoea

Messages In This Thread
[TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Sloane - 10-11-2018, 10:36 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 02-03-2019, 05:51 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 03-10-2019, 02:55 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 04-08-2019, 01:53 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 05-12-2019, 07:20 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 05-18-2019, 07:41 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 06-24-2019, 09:56 PM