Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 8
Signos: 325
Inactive Character

“Life isn’t always sunshine and daisies.” Aint that the truth. Ever since birth she had seen the side of life that was dark and abhorrently evil. She had seen that life could be cruel to even the most innocent of hearts. A young foal, just barely learning to walk, should be shown her mother’s love. She should be showered with kisses and affection, aiding a good start at life. But Sloane had been looked over and abandoned. She wasn’t good enough for her own mother. And ever since that moment, she had seen nothing but the darker side of life. It was getting her to see the sunshine and daisies that would be the ultimate battle.

But unlike his analogy where the flowers were forced into darkness and then forced into light, there was nothing that would bring lightness to her world. She had nothing that brought her joy. Really, the only thing that was even remotely bright in the overall darkness of her life was her time in the library where she could feed her thirst for knowledge. It was in the library amongst the scrolls where she could lose herself, lose hours and days if she wasn’t careful. Sure, she might have that thirst for knowledge so she might be able to do harm later, so that she might have a currency of secrets to buy and sell, but it still something she was quite passionate about.

But just as they have fallen instep together, the other speeds forward, looking back at her as he said that he had better be going. Why had she thought he might be different? He was just someone else turning their back on her. She says nothing, however, shows him no sign that she is irritated that he is choosing to leave. Instead her face is stoic, listening as he shares his hope that she will find Delumine to her liking.

He takes a few steps forward while she slows her pace to a halt. Why chase after him when he has other places to be? He offers his name, Ipomoea. It’s strange, one that doesn’t roll easily off her tongue. And yet, she locks it away for later use. Who knew? Maybe he would one day have a secret to buy or sell. “Sloane.” It’s harsh, dry, to the point. There’s no hint of hope for the future, no hatred for the past, nothing but nonchalant words that fall from her lips. They mean nothing to her and she has to remind herself that to everyone else, a name means something.

With a sigh, she is left alone, listening to the sound of the roaring river below. What next?

@Ipomoea - Sloane’s exit <3

Messages In This Thread
[TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Sloane - 10-11-2018, 10:36 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 02-03-2019, 05:51 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 03-10-2019, 02:55 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 04-08-2019, 01:53 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 05-12-2019, 07:20 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 05-18-2019, 07:41 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 06-24-2019, 09:56 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Sloane - 06-24-2019, 11:13 PM