Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I'll Crawl Home To Her

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Blyse

one sword out of many.
If there was one way in which he was less clever, it was that he did not know his own opinion from an insult at least half of the time.  But it did seem to tickle the mare to be called a beast, despite being laden in weapons and chains and beastly as mares come.  He was surprised by the laughter that fell from her lips, more so in the how than in the why.  Each subtle note was laced in guiltless, girlish joy that seemed so unlikely by her presence.  He did not see that she was anything fragile or deeply feeling, but then he did not really see her, did he?.  Blyse was a quiet observer with a confined vantage, like one can only see the same few stars from the earth and witness only a small fraction of the way they dare align.  Just the same he did not capture her joy or share in it, but intrigued, he still made an effort to embolden it.  

“Well now you have…”  He replied. His voice, softly commanding, paused just a moment before offering her an answer.  “I would suppose the kind of beast that must be kept in chains, wouldn’t you?”  He made a slight gesture toward the things he spoke of, as if she would be unaware of the rattling shackles that clung to her like millstones.  Mostly, he was curious, and pitting her against his own observations seemed an easy way to satisfy this.  He could see her drifting then and something about her eyes told him she wasn’t entirely there for a fleeting, stolen moment.  He thought he could follow her gaze, but they drift back in to his own curious eyes and come alive and connected once more before he could. 

And when they leave again, she shares soft rumors of danger in the mountains.  As he heard this, he felt a twinge of his own joy.  It was in the irony of her words, the words of a dangerous creature that laughs at passive insults and wields a twisted, glimmering dagger for a crown. “Danger?” He scoffs at her and then casts his eyes from side to side, falsely performing. “You are the most dangerous thing in these mountains that I can see.”   He was not one to flatter, truly.  He did not care if what he said made her feel good, he was simply aware of her worth and telling it to her whether she was aware herself.  His only natural weapon was his words, and though they might cut deep they draw no blood like her twisted dagger could.  Silly mortals, always coveting what they do not have.  ”Are you not?”  He urged her to confess her sins, pointedly and half-convinced that she would still strike him dead if he let her.

@Isra

Messages In This Thread
I'll Crawl Home To Her - by Blyse - 10-29-2018, 08:03 PM
RE: I'll Crawl Home To Her - by Isra - 10-29-2018, 09:51 PM
RE: I'll Crawl Home To Her - by Blyse - 10-31-2018, 08:15 PM
RE: I'll Crawl Home To Her - by Isra - 11-02-2018, 01:30 PM
RE: I'll Crawl Home To Her - by Blyse - 11-02-2018, 08:31 PM
RE: I'll Crawl Home To Her - by Isra - 11-04-2018, 03:41 PM
RE: I'll Crawl Home To Her - by Blyse - 11-04-2018, 08:25 PM
RE: I'll Crawl Home To Her - by Isra - 11-06-2018, 01:34 PM
RE: I'll Crawl Home To Her - by Blyse - 11-08-2018, 10:12 PM
RE: I'll Crawl Home To Her - by Isra - 11-12-2018, 11:41 PM