Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Pendulum

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Noctiilucent

Isra is sweet in her approach and the gentle brush of her lips against the golden dappled shoulders sends a shiver down her spine. Again her muzzle brushes her porcelain cheek, and Noctii cants her head the opposite direction of Isra, but she leans into the touch. Her Sovereign was effortless, and the breath of the night court. Noctii felt a hot flush abruptly enter her frame in the absence of Isra's touch. How was it she could find an attraction to someone without knowing them well? She tried to stifle the feelings and prepare for the conversation ahead. Suddenly sweet scents wafted up from their feet, something that the former Rethian noticed although her eyes had closed momentarily. Her gaze returned to look upon the frame of Isra. There is a small twitch in her expression that begged Noctii to consider if this was her honest response or not. Noctii decided that her Queen did not need to justify nor open herself up so freely. But the bitter undertones are noticed, though Noctii is not sure that she wanted to comment on it. It was not a conversation for the night markets. Isra's companion presses their muzzle to her ear, and it seemed to spark inspiration within the Night Lady. Isra informed her that she knew just the place and began to drift toward the edges of the swarms of bodies shifting.

They traveled beneath the sky that was growing darker, and more stars began to litter the sky. Noctii had stolen glances skyward as they walked, the silence between them was not uncomfortable. Though her worries did not subside. The golden and ivory maiden wondered with some frustration whether or not she'd always feel like this, or if this was simply a chapter of her life that she had to move on from. Before she realized, they came upon an ancient looking building. It looked as though it could breathe and inform those of the history that had long since passed. Her jaw hung agape momentarily as she stared at the grand structure, and was only jarred back to reality by Isra's reassurance that her apology was unnecessary. Isra disappeared through a curtain of seaweed, it clung to her effortless frame with a voracious hunger. Noctiilucent moved to join her without hesitation, and old parts of who she once was rekindled. It was like a spark of fire that had jolted her out of her strange funk. "Isra, are you truly well? Or do you wish to keep the truth off the table for another time?" 

The words flowed out almost haphazardly, and far more delayed than Isra's reassurance. "How do you face the changes that you find most difficult?" Noctii prompted suddenly, while admiring the strange interior they now found themselves in. She wandered almost idly beside Isra, and at times fell behind. Is this how I learn to integrate myself from a daughter of the sun to a daughter of the night? She wondered to herself as she waited to find what Isra would give for her answer. "How do you leave behind an old identity to embrace a new one? Have I told you of my homeland yet, Isra? I was to tell Reichenbach, but he is gone." The bitterness flowed into her words, not it was her turn to relish in her disappointment. "Would you be the friend I tell, and hold the most dear?"

"Speech" Thoughts

Notes: <3
Tags: @Isra /Open

And I thought
Maybe we could save ourselves

Messages In This Thread
Pendulum - by Noctiilucent - 12-11-2018, 05:11 PM
RE: Pendulum - by Isra - 12-17-2018, 09:48 PM
RE: Pendulum - by Noctiilucent - 12-27-2018, 07:56 PM
RE: Pendulum - by Isra - 12-30-2018, 01:06 PM
RE: Pendulum - by Noctiilucent - 12-30-2018, 10:48 PM
RE: Pendulum - by Isra - 01-01-2019, 07:28 PM