Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - just gonna stand there and watch me burn

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

He stands just outside of the court, his eyes heavy, his heart broken. Already he misses his family, the lovers he has left behind and the children that will never know where he is. And yet, there is something freeing about being here now. He feels almost unencumbered. It is as if a heavy weight has lifted from his shoulders at the knowledge that no one here knew him. No one here knew that he was once a king, a failed king at that. Here, he was a nobody. He was just another individual who had wandered into this court seeking sanctuary.

His chest heaves with breath as he comes to a halt. Eyes scan horizon and he can see the rising of the sun. A new day as begun and for even just a moment, he closes his eyes to say a small prayer to Brighton. He knows the god does not rule here, but he still worships the god as much now as he did when he was nothing but a boy. He owes his magic to Brighton and that is a gift he can never repay.

When his prayer comes to a close, he takes a step forward his head held high. His body exudes confidence, even if he is worried he will not find acceptance here. He supposes that any form of welcome might be better than a straight up rejection. Anything was better than wandering for a lifetime.

Messages In This Thread
just gonna stand there and watch me burn - by Rhone - 12-31-2018, 06:51 PM
RE: just gonna stand there and watch me burn - by Euryale - 01-03-2019, 10:00 PM
RE: just gonna stand there and watch me burn - by Euryale - 01-11-2019, 09:08 AM
RE: just gonna stand there and watch me burn - by Euryale - 01-20-2019, 08:50 AM