Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - A PATH OF GLASS--

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Toulouse

TOULOUSE

When Toulouse first starts down the path, he cannot help but admire his endless reflections in the many mirrors.

Vanity comes naturally to him, and the palomino tosses his head and snakes his neck, putting on a show for his silent audience. Every reflection moves as he does, parading along beside him down the path.

But the deeper he goes into the maze, the more distorted his reflections become.

At first, it’s still his own reflection, albeit warped: it’s as if he’s looking upon himself in a hundred different dimensions. They all show himself as a stranger, some not-quite-Toulouse. It captivates his attention, and he amuses himself by coming up with alter-egos and alter-lives for himself.

In one life he’s short and stooped, walking with a limp from some great, historic battle in which he came out a hero. In another he’s tall and thin, a shadow that stalks others through their dreams. In yet another he’s a nobleman, with flawless looks and flawless carriage, looking down upon his lesser peers.

The farther he walks, the more distorted the reflections become. And eventually he reaches a point where the reflections are no longer of himself, but of strange beasts and fairytales.

This section is far less interesting than before, where he had been treated to a hundred different views of himself. Toulouse strides along with a purpose in his step, determined to get to the end of this path (or at least back to a place where the mirrors showed himself again.)

The twisting pathway begins to straighten, and he is faced again with a choice. And this time, it’s a more natural decision than either of the previous two.

After all, he never had been afraid of the dark, nor what hid within it.

Toulouse chooses the comet and galaxy path.

home is behind the world ahead
there are many paths to tread

I totally thought I had already done this, since the night account hasn’t posted again I assume it’s okay that I’m late??

enfanir art

Messages In This Thread
A PATH OF GLASS-- - by Official Night Account - 01-03-2019, 10:51 PM
RE: A PATH OF GLASS-- - by Shrike - 01-06-2019, 05:16 PM
RE: A PATH OF GLASS-- - by Toulouse - 01-18-2019, 09:13 PM
RE: A PATH OF GLASS-- - by Official Night Account - 01-25-2019, 03:15 PM
RE: A PATH OF GLASS-- - by Shrike - 01-30-2019, 01:00 PM
RE: A PATH OF GLASS-- - by Toulouse - 02-03-2019, 05:32 PM
RE: A PATH OF GLASS-- - by Official Night Account - 02-11-2019, 10:34 PM
RE: A PATH OF GLASS-- - by Toulouse - 03-07-2019, 03:05 PM