Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - So come with me where dreams are born...

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

Pan is filled with wonder like a child looking at the world for the first time.  He watches the action from a distance… but it’s only because there’s so much to take in that he doesn’t really know where to start.  His glittering mask feels like a fairy tale against his forehead, light hitting it and causing a prism of rainbowed color to cascade around him.  With a laugh, he plays with the colorful patterns, his hooves striking a tinny sound against the rock.  Yes, this was quite the party indeed.  

His grin stretched widely across his face as he pushes through the crowds, drawn toward the scent of something… delicious.  And again, the look of the food tables was more than he could have fathomed.  Great ice sculptures decorated either end of the table, one a giant winged horse and another, a shimmering crescent moon.  Bowls of flowers spilled over the table in a tasteful display of fragrant beauty.  And the cakes… the cakes were unbelievably tempting.  Pan wanted to try them all, snagging a couple with delicate frosting and sparkly sugar crystals.  Unable to control his gluttony, he ate two or three before tossing a half dozen into his satchel for later.  Nevermind that they would be a sticky mess – he was too excited to be bothered by the thought of ruined pastries.  Still too was the punch… and they had his favorite, a caramel apple liquid that ran down his throat with a warmth that touched him all the way to his belly.  Yes, this was the good life.

Drunk from the pleasure, the boy made his way back toward the wall, the better to see everyone and everything around him.  He turned with a quiet gasp toward the stallion who joined him – a creature so brilliant he wouldn’t have believed it, had he not seen Saphrax with his own eyes.  Those eyes, wide and emerald green, looked the male up and down, before Pan’s quiet voice points out, You’re on fire…  Alarm is palpable on his face, as he looks for a way to put the stallion’s fire out.  But then, he has to wonder… for Saphrax seems unbothered by the fact.  Surely, it would hurt.  Does it... does it hurt?  His thoughts were jumbled out with speech, tinged with concern for the burning man.  Maybe it was magic though – Pan concluded it must be, for any sane creature on fire would be writing in pain and screaming for help.

Without bothering to ask permission, the boy stretched out his teacup muzzle, just barely touching the flames on Saphrax wing, and again, he gasped – finding them cold to the touch.  What was this magic, which broke the very laws of nature?  He had to know more.

Pan
the vagabond adventurer
image by nikkayla
html by castlegraphics

@Saphrax

Messages In This Thread
So come with me where dreams are born... - by Pan - 01-18-2019, 02:49 PM
RE: So come with me where dreams are born... - by Saphrax - 01-19-2019, 06:54 PM
RE: So come with me where dreams are born... - by Pan - 01-20-2019, 04:28 AM
RE: So come with me where dreams are born... - by Saphrax - 01-21-2019, 11:32 AM
RE: So come with me where dreams are born... - by Pan - 01-21-2019, 11:58 AM
RE: So come with me where dreams are born... - by Saphrax - 01-21-2019, 04:39 PM
RE: So come with me where dreams are born... - by Pan - 01-22-2019, 09:45 AM
RE: So come with me where dreams are born... - by Saphrax - 01-28-2019, 11:46 AM
RE: So come with me where dreams are born... - by Pan - 02-02-2019, 04:12 AM
RE: So come with me where dreams are born... - by Saphrax - 02-03-2019, 11:43 AM