Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Experience Earning  - [AW] And your heart will fly on wings

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

Pan smiled as the warrior mare validated his desire to help.  Perhaps she was just indulging the boy, but it made him feel important, and he puffed his chest out and stood a little straighter at the thought.  This is why he had made a decision to be a healer… for despite all his talk of knights and chivalry, Pan couldn’t bring himself to harm another creature.  

A long time ago, he’d come up against a dragon intent on destroying his home… and though there was a dark magic in the fire-breathing beast, and madness had addled its’ brain, Pan had still had a hard time attacking it.  He’d done it, of course… but only because it meant protecting those he loved.  But damn if he didn’t still have nightmares of the day he’d harmed another.  It was quite clear in that moment, that Pan had been cut from a different sort of cloth.  His talents lie in helping… that, and storytelling.

They say that love is worth fighting for, no matter the cost… no matter the risk.  It was an insightful thing for the boy to come up with, particularly when so many things he’d spoken were child-like.  But there is an honesty and an innocence to his words, and Pan’s eyes were wide with understanding far beyond his years.  I understand… home is a thing worth fighting for.  He smiled then, finding a kindred moment with Katniss as he dug into his satchel and drew out something for her too.  Here, I want you to have this, to remember me by.

It was a spotted rock, round and mousey brown, worn smooth by the tides.  On one side is a strange etching, the appearance of a single wave carved deep into the rock.  One of No’s tokens… he explained.  It doesn’t work, I don’t think… but it helps me to remember.  Perhaps it will remind you to call for me, if you need my help.  Turning toward the North, the boy looked back at his new friend, memorizing her face and hoping that he wouldn’t forget her as he had so many others.  Perhaps she would find her way into his dreams as well… or maybe the tides were turning for Pan and his memory losses.  Time would tell. 

It’s nice to meet you, Katniss.  I live in the North… just follow the river.  And, go easy on Caligo.  He glances back at the statue, and his token gleaming gold in the moonlight.  Maybe she’ll surprise you…  And with that, the boy leaves the Night Court and the gallery behind, eager to learn more about the lore of this place as he explored what secrets it held.

Pan
the vagabond adventurer
image by nikkayla
html by castlegraphics

@Katniss - wrapping this one up but he's always game for more threads.  if you're collecting herbs, they could go look together if you want... lots of options.

Messages In This Thread
[AW] And your heart will fly on wings - by Pan - 01-20-2019, 06:01 AM
RE: [AW] And your heart will fly on wings - by Pan - 01-29-2019, 03:48 PM
RE: [AW] And your heart will fly on wings - by Pan - 02-04-2019, 12:03 PM
RE: [AW] And your heart will fly on wings - by Pan - 02-09-2019, 06:50 AM
RE: [AW] And your heart will fly on wings - by Pan - 02-15-2019, 03:50 PM