Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Neverland is a dream, from which you never wake

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

Pan

Pan is clearly pleased with the scaled queen’s response, his answer a throaty sort of purr as he smiles at the thought of fairies.  Not far from here, the solstice festival is still in full swing, strains of music in the distance thick in the air.  They add to the feeling of magic and mystery here, and as the boy watches Isra and her dragon pet, Pan’s ears involuntarily flick toward the laughter of lovers in the mountain gallery and the further jingle of gypsy dancers in full regail and swing.  It was a magical place, to be certain… and despite the lack of ocean, Pan found himself drawn to the Night Court like a moth to the flame.

I’m Pan he offered simply, and the boy elaborated no further… for he cannot remember much beyond that.  His memories had transcribed themselves as dreams – and while he could dream of faraway island with fairies, pirates, and gemstone flecked sand, his reality was much less magical.

Until now.

The boy watches the dragon intently, his wide eyes set with wonder as he follows the curious creature's path in and out of Isra’s legs.  There was something quite catlike about Fable, and Pan could almost beg to reach out and touch the beast.  What is he? the boy asks with wonder, grinning and trying to coax the dragon out from beneath his mistress with a pretty piece of purple seaglass from deep within his bag.  He rummages back through the bag again, pulling out a silvered fish skeleton, in case the jeweled glass was less Fable’s liking.  He’s marvelous! his words were tinged with excitement, for though the boy was certainly of the sea, he’d never seen such a creature before.

Staring back at Isra, he had to wonder how the unicorn had tamed such a beast – and making a quick decision that she must be a mermaid, he gave the mare a knowing smile.  It could be their secret… Pan would never tell a secret.  Looking around, he offered the mermaid a hushed secret of his own.  I won’t tell, by the way, that you’re a mermaid… Your secret’s safe with me.  I have a secret too… the boy lifted his head once more, but noted that they were alone.  Late at night, I dream of somewhere far from here… it’s a magical place, called Neverland, where you never grow old.  There are others in my dreams – some like me – even other mermaids like you!  And in his dreams, the boy belonged – much more than he belonged in this strange place.  But dreams were little more than fairytales, weren’t they?  Do you think the dreams are real? he whispered, unsure of what reality even meant anymore...

the vagabond adventurer
character by firefly
html by castlegraphics;
image by franknsteins

@Isra

Messages In This Thread
Neverland is a dream, from which you never wake - by Pan - 01-21-2019, 04:59 AM
RE: Neverland is a dream, from which you never wake - by Pan - 01-27-2019, 08:21 AM