Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Think of a wonderful thought...

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mateo

Mateo loves his home. He loves the strong western winds and the way they sing as they lift him high above Novus. He loves the lush depths of the forest and the gently rolling meadows that spread north from the court like an emerald sea. He's never spent much time outside of Delumine, because he's not yet seen every last bit of his homeland. He might not ever, due to his fastidious attention to detail-- the more he looks, the more there is to see... and he's okay with that. Today he's following the deer trail that meanders through the meadow, enjoying the summer sun before it's gone, and just... listening.

This is a summer song, in three parts:
The grass gently rubs against itself in the warm breeze,
Somewhere an angry prairie dog barks,
and my own hooves plod, sounding strangely like
someone else entirely...

His ears perk up at the sound of another, and his introspection is cheerfully forgotten as a friendly young man introduces himself. "Hello Pan, I'm Teo." It was always a secret relief to meet someone shorter and younger than him-- Mateo was often the shortest man in the room, and despite his most certainly being of age, he was frustratingly often mistaken for a yearling. So when he smiles at Pan, there is a particularly cheerful edge to it.

"Where am I?  This place… I mean… I think I’ve been here before."

Mateo blinks, a little surprised by the question. He had been expecting "how are you?" or "where are you from?" or "what big beautiful wings you have!"-- but this is good. He likes a surprise. "Well, what scale do you mean?" He is a fanatic of maps, and so this seems to him the natural place to start. "This land, from coast to coast, is called Novus. We're currently in Delumine, the finest of the four courts of Novus," he flutters his wings proudly, "and more specifically, we're in the Illuster Meadow. Any of those names ring a bell?"

He is in no rush, and so he waits patiently for the man to answer before he asks- "Have you lost your memory or something?" His breath hitches in intrigue, imagination running wild with the possibilities of the boy's story.

-  -  -  -  
@Pan <3
art

Messages In This Thread
Think of a wonderful thought... - by Pan - 01-23-2019, 03:34 PM
RE: Think of a wonderful thought... - by Mateo - 02-10-2019, 10:01 PM
RE: Think of a wonderful thought... - by Pan - 02-15-2019, 04:14 PM
RE: Think of a wonderful thought... - by Mateo - 02-24-2019, 04:07 PM
RE: Think of a wonderful thought... - by Pan - 02-26-2019, 04:47 PM
RE: Think of a wonderful thought... - by Mateo - 03-02-2019, 08:21 PM
RE: Think of a wonderful thought... - by Pan - 03-07-2019, 05:50 AM
RE: Think of a wonderful thought... - by Mateo - 03-08-2019, 07:54 PM