Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Think of a wonderful thought...

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

Did any of those names ring a bell?  Pan laughed to himself, the sound a bit sarcastic as he wondered if anything really rang a bell anymore.   Or something… the boy mumbled, agreeing with the dark Pegasus as he paced back and forth.  All in all, Pan made quite a picture as his hooves carved and began to wear down a path in the tall grasses of the meadow.  It wasn’t often that the boy found himself flustered, or even that he waned in his confidence.  But Pan was living in interesting times… and for now, he was still trying to find his footing in Novus.

I suppose that I was here before. he said decisively, nodding as if to convince himself (despite the doubtful tone of his words).  How else would I know that the meadow leads to a river, and the river to a cave?  I found this there… he drew out a weathered scroll, unfurling it for the dark Pegasus without a care who saw them and judged.  Written upon the parchment were scribbled notes about herbs, mentioning the very names that Teo had spoken.  See here… it’s about Novus… it’s about plants.  I’ve started to find them.

It was a good thing Mateo had a sense of humor, for the boy made about as much sense as a riddle these days.

Illustrating his point, Pan drew a bunch of dried bee balm from his satchel, tied together with a crude piece of rope.  He grinned with pride as he showed off the flowers before tucking them gingerly back into the folds of his satchel.  It seems that I have lost my memory, because I don’t remember any of this.  Somnus said I was here before.  The boy’s mention of the king is interesting, as he doesn’t truly know that the golden Pegasus is the keeper of Delumine.  Instead, he simply remembers the sovereign as a friendly face (and one who had promised to join him on the search for pink dolphins).  I think it’s rather strange though, don’t you?  How can you know about a place, but not really know who you are or where you came from?

Curious, indeed.

Pan
the vagabond adventurer
image by nikkayla
html by castlegraphics

@Mateo

Messages In This Thread
Think of a wonderful thought... - by Pan - 01-23-2019, 03:34 PM
RE: Think of a wonderful thought... - by Mateo - 02-10-2019, 10:01 PM
RE: Think of a wonderful thought... - by Pan - 02-15-2019, 04:14 PM
RE: Think of a wonderful thought... - by Mateo - 02-24-2019, 04:07 PM
RE: Think of a wonderful thought... - by Pan - 02-26-2019, 04:47 PM