Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Stranger in a strange land

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

The sleeping boy was dreaming – somewhere far from here – in a place with faeries, and tree houses, and stolen treasure.  His legs twitched as if “running” as he laughed to the colts who followed him, dodging the trees and sidestepping the familiar potholes in his path, leaping effortlessly over fallen logs and splashing voraciously in the puddles strewn over his well-worn trails.  He was back in Neverland, free and young, without a care in the world.  That was before, you see… before the magic, before Time threw the world into chaos.  It was before Rook, before Flora, even before Oliver had found him.  There, Pan had been a simple lost boy, lost to the wilds of Neverland.

He smiled, turning his head slightly into the damp leaves, one eye fluttering open as it focused in the night.  Dawn was far from breaking still, but there was a pale swath of moonlight that shimmered from the water, falling on the companion that had watched him in sleep.  He blinked slowly, focusing on the mare, yawning quietly as he took in the sparkle of her coat.  For a moment, the usually chatty child is quiet, as if pondering the situation.  Still on his back, he looked at the sky, back at the mare, and back at the sky once more.  

”You look like the night.” he said at last, making the connection between the sickle moon above and her unique markings.  ”Are you a fairy?”

She certainly didn’t look like his Tinkerbell, or even Hazel… but she had to be a magical sort of creature, with stars on her back and a sliver of moon beneath her forelock.  Choosing to believe her some sort of night queen, he rolled onto his side to get a better look at the mare, introducing himself with a hushed sort of tone.

”I’m Pan by the way… from Neverland.  Is this your home?”  It struck him that she didn’t quite look at home here, but she wore the moonlight well, so it was possible.  ”I don’t live here… I’m lost, I think… Would you believe it if I told you that Flora and I fell through the sky?”  It wouldn’t be the first time such a thing had happened to the boy, ridiculous as it sounded.  

Pan
Dawn Court
character © Firefly; html by castlegraphics; image by alexlibby

@Rannveig

Messages In This Thread
Stranger in a strange land - by Pan - 07-01-2017, 02:04 PM
RE: Stranger in a strange land - by Rannveig - 07-02-2017, 11:36 AM
RE: Stranger in a strange land - by Pan - 07-02-2017, 12:52 PM