Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- >> cliffs of insanity, devotion <<

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Inkheart

Inkheart
JUST LIKE FIRE, BURNING OUT THE WAY
IF I CAN LIGHT THE WORLD UP FOR
JUST ONE DAY WATCH THIS MADNESS
COLORFUL CHARADE NO ONE CAN
BE JUST LIKE ME ANYWAY

Florentine looks out at the sea, then up toward the sky. Inkheart simply watches the other fae's gaze, not interpreting her movements as anything in particular, instead listening just to the words that spill from those whiskery lips. Her question about the sightings of the Gods causes a knot to form in the dark femme's gut. She doesn't say anything... yet. Flora's desire to meet them mirrors her own, and it pains her to acknowledge in a soft murmur that no one has seen the Gods. "No one has seen them, at least no one that I've met. Since they made peace and agreed to go their own ways, they have deigned not to visit Novus and appear to us mortals."

The admission of disbelief (or at least, partial disbelief) does not anger the Friesian, but offers her hope. The first step to working toward a solution is realizing you have a problem. Or, so to speak. In the back of her mind a voice squeaks that this Florentine, this flower child, is a nonbeliever and should be stricken down for her unorthodox beliefs. But the more rational part of her mind says that believing in the existence of gods is a good starting point, and the pale creature has at least opened her mind to exploring the possibility that these gods DO wield the power Inkheart claims.

The knot in her stomach doesn't loosen, doesn't lessen. Midnight lips press together. She has often wanted in anguish to meet the gods, of course Solis especially. But despite the number of times she has worshipped, begged, pleaded... the deeds she has done in the name of Solis.. Not once has a single deity appeared before her. A bitter taste fills her mouth, and she tries to ignore it.

The sound of Florentine's voice sounds again, shaking her from the dark whisperings of a doubting mind. "A sage that is rude and dull - and MUSTY?! Truly let's hope they aren't all like that." She offers a sympathetic and understanding smile. "Unfortunately I don't know many myself. None that would be better than the one you've already met, certainly." Unless it is Inkheart herself who could offer the insight. But for the moment her mind is tired, her heart is tired, and she wants to muse over the issues that Florentine was brought to her attention. "Search for answers, and let's hope that we can meet again. For deep conversation such as this, or perhaps something more lighthearted next time." A velvety chuckle carries on the wind. She tilts her crown forward, bowing respectfully. She raises her gaze to meet the amethyst gaze again. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Florentine." And with that, she turned north, toward home, and lifted her wings to take off in search of a place to rest her mind.

WC: 473 | Tag: @Florentine | Notes: Wrapped up my end. One more from you and it'll be done ^_^

Messages In This Thread
>> cliffs of insanity, devotion << - by Inkheart - 07-01-2017, 02:30 PM
RE: >> cliffs of insanity, devotion << - by Inkheart - 07-01-2017, 10:08 PM
RE: >> cliffs of insanity, devotion << - by Inkheart - 07-03-2017, 01:55 PM
RE: >> cliffs of insanity, devotion << - by Inkheart - 07-17-2017, 08:57 PM
RE: >> cliffs of insanity, devotion << - by Inkheart - 07-24-2017, 07:42 PM
RE: >> cliffs of insanity, devotion << - by Inkheart - 07-28-2017, 07:07 PM