Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - when balance becomes unbalanced [meeting]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 82 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

and then you put your hand in mine
and pulled me back from things divine

For Ulric, his day was just getting started when Alba flew overhead, crying out to Delumine’s citizens in a clear effort to bring them all together. Looking upon her, he could feel his chest grow tight, his heart thumping against it just a little harder. Earlier in the day, the decision had been made to close Delumine’s borders off to any wayward strangers, sending anyone off be they friend or foe until further notice. Until the murderer was found, any who didn’t already call Delumine home would be barred entry, going against everything that they stood for; but this was merely for their own safety.

Heading to the main courtyard, Ulric looked upon the form of his old friend standing like some prophetic beacon of hope standing in the dying light of evening. He smiled in silent greeting, but it failed to reach his eyes. Soon more filtered into the area, a soft murmur of questioning and confused voices reverberating off the stone walls. Young Regis and Milo were amongst the numbers, and with his father up in front of everyone, Ulric allowed him to stand next to him and expected Eulalie to follow shortly behind him on the other side.

Then, Somnus was speaking, and even hearing about the crime caused the images of the bloody scene to flash across his vision all over again. With a soft shake of his head the Warden forced the memories away as best as he could and focused on the moment. Murder wasn’t the only thing their small population needed to worry about, but politics and the improbable, but very real possibility that they could soon have the wrong people knocking on their doors.

When his own name was spoken and Somnus requested an increase of patrols, particularly within Viride, Ulric straightened and solemnly nodded. “I’d request that everyone volunteer for at least one patrol, and that nobody travel in groups smaller than three until further notice. For those who’re exceptionally willing, I’d like to gather a sizable party to patrol the forest during the night – I fear it may be our best chance of catching the perpetrator.”

"Speaking"

HISTORY HAS ITS EYES ON YOU

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
RE: when balance becomes unbalanced [meeting] - by Ulric - 02-25-2019, 06:04 AM
RE: when balance becomes unbalanced [meeting] - by Pavetta - 02-25-2019, 09:36 PM
RE: when balance becomes unbalanced [meeting] - by Mateo - 02-26-2019, 03:31 PM
RE: when balance becomes unbalanced [meeting] - by Eulalie - 02-26-2019, 09:57 PM
RE: when balance becomes unbalanced [meeting] - by Ipomoea - 03-11-2019, 06:37 PM