Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Gentle drops, sliding down my heart

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Lothaire

[Image: lothaire_by_destrierdesigns-dbelvo5.png]

Lothaire had found himself emerging from behind the curtain of night each time it fell now, as though nocturnality had aways been his natural state. Admittedly as a child he had oft lingered a moment too long at his bedroom window, watching the summer constellations dance the way he never could; cold fingertips collecting dust as he had traced the great frames. How long ago those nights seemed now, how far from his heart. Lothaire had travelled countless miles from his past, in both flesh and mind, never to return. For he had found something close to solace in Novus, more specifically in Denocte. There could not have been a more perfect amalgamation of calm and culture; enough to peak his interest and keep his wanderlust at bay, for the most part.  

Summer was nigh, he could feel it in the air - temperatures had begun to soar, and even as sunlight died the heat remained still. Against his skin it pressed, tight and unyielding, enough to coax Lothaire to change his course. Toward the lake he slid. 

It was the girl's scent that gave her away at first: cloying and ornate, but most importantly - foreign. Dusk Court sang from her perfume. His sharp mind whirred, picking apart the faces he associated with such an aroma, until it clicked. Yes, he recalled her wide-eyes watching the coronation of Reich. How curious it was that she had been present at all. As Lothaire paused at the edge of the lake, spectral as ever, he entertained the question of why this girl had so boldly ventured again into a land that was not her own? It almost amused him, almost. With great sweeping movements the reptilian man sank into the water, welcoming its cool wet kiss upon his limbs and underside. It seemed he had caught this delicate taupe girl in a moment of awe; the look in her gaze fascinated him. Eyes like those could hide entire worlds within their caverns.

"I've seen you here before, child of Dusk."

@Florentine <3

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gentle drops, sliding down my heart - by Lothaire - 07-15-2017, 08:24 AM
RE: Gentle drops, sliding down my heart - by Lothaire - 07-17-2017, 01:42 PM
RE: Gentle drops, sliding down my heart - by Lothaire - 07-25-2017, 09:49 AM
RE: Gentle drops, sliding down my heart - by Lothaire - 08-08-2017, 07:51 AM