Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - To the stars that listen

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aislinn

A I S L I N N
"TO THE STARS THAT LISTEN"

The winged gypsy could not deny that she felt Calligo's presence as she trekked up the steep stone steps to the temple. Hues of pink and orange and yellow melted into deep purple clouds across the horizon like watercolor paints. Beautiful and stunning and unbelievable. The mountain was massive in size; she felt so so small as she stood staring down at the world below her. Surely, this was what the gods felt like. To be blessed to watch the makings of the realm from such heights.. she could only dream.

From a young age, Aislinn was always on the move. A nomad from birth, a wanderer in her blood, a drifter at heart. Funny, that she could not stand still in one place for long. Denocte had been her motherland for her entire life. Once a year her tribe would make the great pass through the mountains of Night. In all of her wanderings, she had only made the pilgrimage to the temple once before. She was just under a full year of seasons. Heavy lids shut, the memory sucking her in --

"Ma'ma, why doesn't Mother come with us?" she asked, chilled air blowing through her nostrils.

The nearly-white winged mare craned her neck around to smile down upon her daughter. Long feathered appendages stretched outwards, allowing the little yearling to duck beneath them to stand beside her. Aislinn nuzzled her dam. "Is it because she is afraid of heights?" she inquired.

Luna of the Stars sighed, shaking her head softly. "No, my little dreamer. Your mother, she is the Mother of us all," she started, voice light and sweet. They continued higher up the ancient stone steps, rocks tumbling over the edge at Aislinn's unsure hoofbeats.

"Freya is many things, but afraid of heights she is not. As you know, she is our true Mother, our leader. Blessed by the demi-goddess herself," she continued, "she comes alone to speak to Her. It's tradition that way.. for the tribe's Three Face's to journey on their own, once a year."

Aislinn youngling took in a slow, deep breath of winter air, deeply mulling over her mother's words. "Will I do the same as Freya someday?" she asked, her mother's true name strange on her lips.

The great dappled-white mare stopped, her wings sheltering Aislinn as snow began to fall. Luna smiled, regarding her daughter softly, her grin not quite reaching her silvery eyes. "Yes, my dear. One day you will become one of our great Faces, one of our protectors. Only then, shall you be able to seek the Night goddess yourself."

Aislinn blinked away the memory, a single fat tear falling free down her cheek. Her eyelids fluttered. The sun had dropped closer to the earth so quickly in mere moments. How long had she been standing there, lost in a half-remembered dream? Stars had begun to glimmer softly, the sun at last falling asleep beneath the line of the horizon. The moon was a silver ornament, glowing faintly. Her entire body shuddered, ivory locks shaking free of their braids.

"You were right Ma'ma," Aislinn whispered to the heavens. Her voice was smooth, a lullaby. Sucking a sharp breath of air into her lungs, she was moving once more. A stairway to the stars, a gateway to the gods. Inky blue and violet rolled across the sky, clear and perfect in it's darkness. She was almost there, almost to the citadel. Her heart thudded madly in her chest. Oh Calligo, are you listening?

Thrum. Thrum. Thump. Her strong, lithe frame shuddered, feeling like and heavy all at once. Butterflies fluttered wildly in her stomach. Aislinn's hooves clicked on the stones as she ascended the peak. Thrum. Thrum. Thump. Almost there. She could see the end of the trail now. Ivy and moss softening her footfalls. And suddenly she was there, the temple pillars reaching high above for several meters, joining together to create a stunning aclove. The air vibrated wonderfully. She was here.. finally here. Her blood boiled, her heart drumming against her ribs.

A relieved sigh shuddered out of her, bringing the winged gypsy down to her knees. "I am here, goddess of Night," she pledged. I am just a dreamer wishing for your guidance. Just a little dreamer.

OOC: This is open to anyone <3 Thread name inspired by the quote: "To the stars that listen, and the dreams that are answered," from Sarah J. Maas' A Court of Mist and Fury! I'm sorry for the stupid long post xD

LOVE, SPACE

Messages In This Thread
To the stars that listen - by Aislinn - 07-05-2017, 08:04 AM
RE: To the stars that listen - by Coraline - 07-05-2017, 07:43 PM
RE: To the stars that listen - by Aislinn - 07-08-2017, 07:13 AM
RE: To the stars that listen - by Coraline - 07-08-2017, 03:47 PM
RE: To the stars that listen - by Aislinn - 07-15-2017, 01:53 AM
RE: To the stars that listen - by Coraline - 07-16-2017, 07:43 PM
RE: To the stars that listen - by Aislinn - 07-26-2017, 07:22 AM
RE: To the stars that listen - by Coraline - 09-17-2017, 08:13 PM
RE: To the stars that listen - by Aislinn - 09-23-2017, 08:56 PM
RE: To the stars that listen - by Coraline - 09-24-2017, 11:12 AM