Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - i'll never love again

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

Tonight had been bittersweet. She had bonded with Metaphor in a way that she had never truly bonded with anyone before. She had given herself completely to him and he had done the same in return. She had grown so much in this one encounter. She had promised to love and cherish him until the end of their days, unaware that the ending would come far quicker than any one of them would ever no. And when she had laid next to him in that blissful moment after their union, she had never felt happier.

But that happiness was taken from her the moment someone planted that explosion along the path home. Her happiness had been ripped from her the moment Metaphor laid dying in her embrace. Her happiness had ceased the moment Metaphor took his last breath. She had never felt so alone, not at any point in her life. But in the stillness of the night, she felt as if there was no one else in this world.

It had taken all her strength and will power drag Metaphor’s body from Amare Creek back to Denocte. Her muscles ached but she didn’t feel it. She didn’t feel anything. Her body was numb, her heart broken. The entire journey, she had been unable to look back at the body she carried. The body of her lover had been placed on a mat weaved out of love so she might be able to take him back home for proper burial. Her eagle flew overhead, knowing that she needed space and time, but unwilling to let her out of his sight.

By the time she arrived at the citadel, the citizens of Denocte were beginning to move about the city. Some watched her drag the lifeless body into the city. Some who knew Metaphor cried, others tried to comfort her. But she did not hear their words or see them standing along the road. She still felt so very much alone.

And when she arrived, she stood there as the strap fell to the ground. Head hung low in absolute defeat as she stepped away from her lover’s deceased body. It was in this moment that she began to look for piles of logs so she might be able to build him a proper alter. He deserved a better ending than what he was given. She would make sure his exit from this world was met with honor.

ooc: Anyone is welcome! Katniss is hurting. Metaphor was killed by an explosion set by someone. Feel free to read the thread here if you wish, just note is starts off as a FTB thread: click here

Messages In This Thread
i'll never love again - by Katniss - 07-07-2019, 01:32 PM
RE: i'll never love again - by Isra - 07-23-2019, 09:06 PM
RE: i'll never love again - by Katniss - 07-28-2019, 05:37 PM
RE: i'll never love again - by Isra - 08-16-2019, 04:12 PM
RE: i'll never love again - by Katniss - 08-17-2019, 10:25 AM
RE: i'll never love again - by Isra - 08-25-2019, 06:50 PM
RE: i'll never love again - by Katniss - 08-26-2019, 03:15 AM
RE: i'll never love again - by Isra - 09-13-2019, 03:02 PM