Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - no more alone or myself could I be

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aion

AION

He was beginning to think these lands he had wandered into by mistake were abandoned. It had been days since he had come across another living creature, save the few field mice who had promptly fled at his approach. The entire world seemed to have fallen still, and he the only one unaffected by the sudden spell. Aion had never been one to mind the solitude or quiet, but this—this was eerie. A cold chill had settled at the base of his spine that he couldn’t shake, and he found himself wishing for the cloak he had once donned or, even better, the company of his mate to help warm him. But both were lost to him now, or maybe he was the one lost, wandering through lands he didn’t know the name of.

Like this lake. Something this massive and alluring had to at least have a name, but there wasn’t anyone around to ask. It was beginning to get to him; frustration stepping in with a single stomp of his hoof, grinding the sole down into the soft earth. This was pointless, he had been wandering for days now with no indication he was going in the right direction. The farther he’d gone the less wildlife he had seen, and if there was any indication he was on his mate’s trail he had yet to see it. A scowl fixed itself firmly onto his features, gazing down at his reflection in distaste. He almost expected Eros to come up behind him, waiting for the gentle touches against his skin and quiet whispers into his ears that he had become so accustomed to. Who would have thought that he, having worn so many different facades and personas in his lifetime (many of them bitter and temperamental) would have come to rely upon the affection of one man so entirely?

Tired already of looking in the mirror-like surface, he brought one black hoof crashing down upon it again and again, destroying the smooth surface in a series of splashes and ripples. He pawed angrily at the water, ears pinned back into his feathers as he snarled silently at the still lake. Every bit of pent up grief and frustration was channeled into this simple act of defiance, cursing the quiet lands for every moment of loneliness they had offered him. Though of course, with such an attitude as this it was no wonder he'd found himself once again alone.

first post w aion in a long time! 
be warned he's grumpy

Messages In This Thread
no more alone or myself could I be - by Aion - 07-09-2017, 11:13 PM
RE: no more alone or myself could I be - by Reichenbach - 07-10-2017, 09:43 PM
RE: no more alone or myself could I be - by Aion - 07-11-2017, 12:41 AM
RE: no more alone or myself could I be - by Reichenbach - 07-15-2017, 03:58 AM
RE: no more alone or myself could I be - by Aion - 07-16-2017, 01:14 PM
RE: no more alone or myself could I be - by Reichenbach - 07-31-2017, 11:18 PM
RE: no more alone or myself could I be - by Aion - 08-02-2017, 08:17 PM