Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - no more alone or myself could I be

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aion

AION

Reichenbach’s continued relaxed manner only served to further frustrate Aion, determined as he was to crawl under the other man’s skin. At a loss for words he simply stared cooly back at the bay stranger, not needing to wait long before being presented with a new prompt to mock.

“I am no child of Dawn,” he retorted, ears flicking back once again in unintended derision. “They do not tell me when to heel or stay; I make my own decisions.” He knew this wasn’t the purpose of Reichenbach’s question; but still some nagging part of him felt the need to correct him, to grab that control of his life back for himself. The four Courts and their politics meant nothing to him currently—a situation that was likely to change, once he had found his other half—for now he was resolved to remain willfully ignorant. “And I know nothing of your festivities or markets. I’m only here to find someone.”

Reichenbach’s question had reminded him of his search, the one that remained woefully unfruitful as the days dragged on. Pictures of his partner already began filling his mind, constricting his heart until he became painfully aware of every solid beat. It was difficult to speak past the lump forming in his throat, but he forced the next two words out anyway; imbuing them with a rough tenderness blatantly out of place amidst the rest of his sharp words.

“My Eros.”

It was funny almost, how quick he was to withhold his own name but offer his partner’s. But then again, the youthful man would always be his better half, even in his absence. His silence now was no longer out of disregard—but rather a quiet contemplation, losing himself in memories of the last night he had spent whole, before the storm had torn them apart.

"Perhaps I'll visit your festivities another time." Casting a glance back at the dark-skinned man with his laughing eyes, he turns away. He didn't need to see any more of the Night Court to know his beloved wasn't here.

He doesn't say another word as he leaves the Sovereign there beside the lake, making his way to sunnier skies where maybe, just maybe, his search will finally end.

@reichenbach don't mind this edit for him to exit c:
talk.

Messages In This Thread
no more alone or myself could I be - by Aion - 07-09-2017, 11:13 PM
RE: no more alone or myself could I be - by Reichenbach - 07-10-2017, 09:43 PM
RE: no more alone or myself could I be - by Aion - 07-11-2017, 12:41 AM
RE: no more alone or myself could I be - by Reichenbach - 07-15-2017, 03:58 AM
RE: no more alone or myself could I be - by Aion - 07-16-2017, 01:14 PM
RE: no more alone or myself could I be - by Reichenbach - 07-31-2017, 11:18 PM
RE: no more alone or myself could I be - by Aion - 08-02-2017, 08:17 PM