Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - someplace to call their own

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

It was a rare thing for him to avoid the crowds, taking care to walk far around the busier streets to get to the back of the stone temple. In his excitement to study the monolith and memorize its details, he had forgone his usual want for companionship. Even he could become overwhelmed in crowded new places, when there were so many things he wished to see and so many people he desired to talk to.

No, he would brave the hoards of equines during a time when he was less distracted by the capitol building, the focal point of his visit. Of course, sneaking around in the back probably made him look like just that, a sneak or a thief, apt to get him kicked out as promptly as he had arrived. But he was still young, and he had yet to understand those terms, or to accept the possibility that he appeared as anyone or anything other than his own simple self.

The voice startled him, but he was quick to collect himself once he realized it was only a welcoming call. He turned around to face the dark pegasus, ears swiveling forward as he reversed his stride to meet him halfway. Despite his wish to explore the temple, the company of one other horse—specifically in comparison to the crowd he was avoiding—wouldn’t be such a bad addition, as Alorus was still off somewhere unseen in the air. “Hello!!” he responded happily, closing the distance between them. As he drew closer he inspected the pegasus’ wings, so much larger and darker than his own, which fluttered gently at his ankles. Ipomoea’s were of little use, but this stranger’s he instantly envied. He could fly with those; Po even suspected he could keep up with the eagles with such feathers.

“No—I mean, maybe, I’m not really familiar with this area yet, but I came here on purpose,” he explained, a smile in his voice. “Not many people come this far back it seems, see the way the weeds and flowers grow so freely?” He took a minute to inspect the vines adoringly, tilting his head to brush the side of his cheek against one of the fragrant blossoms.

Ipomoea stopped then, looking at the dark-haired stallion quizzically. “Are you lost?”

@Kasil
i love him and his thoughts c'x
!!!

Messages In This Thread
someplace to call their own - by Ipomoea - 07-10-2017, 02:16 AM
RE: someplace to call their own - by Kasil - 07-13-2017, 03:20 PM
RE: someplace to call their own - by Ipomoea - 07-20-2017, 04:51 PM
RE: someplace to call their own - by Kasil - 08-09-2017, 03:55 PM
RE: someplace to call their own - by Ipomoea - 08-16-2017, 03:09 PM
RE: someplace to call their own - by Kasil - 08-29-2017, 03:59 PM
RE: someplace to call their own - by Ipomoea - 10-09-2017, 03:29 PM
RE: someplace to call their own - by Kasil - 10-18-2017, 03:41 PM