Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - someplace to call their own

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kasil

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
KASIL

Kasil found himself a little sad that the stranger couldn’t fly with the winged appendages on his feet. Perhaps they would never be able to carry him in flight, which made Kasil notice an ache in the center of his chest. What a terrible thing...to be grounded forever. He had always counted himself among the fortunate, that he could soar the skies when he so chose -- never quite tethered to the world like other people. To be teased with the gift of wings, but never to fully realize their potential -- it saddened him far more than it should have. He offered the stallion a tentative smile.

”Well, that is unfortunate.” He said softly, nodding. ”But they are quite fascinating. I’ve seen other placements too...have you ever seen the ones with the wings behind their ears?” He asked, moving his ears in tandem with his words for effect. He cleared his throat and took another look at the wall, examining a flowering strain of the ivy. The ivy in his dreams never flowered, only grew and grew and grew until he was completely entangled in them which made those wings of his completely useless. Perhaps.” He agreed, frowning up at the entanglement. ”But perhaps it might help other things to grow again.” He stepped closer to the wall, lowering his head.

His warm breath brushed over some of the foliage for a moment, his eyes narrowed with focus as he looked for something. After a moment, he lifted his head and pulled back a piece of the ivy near the wall’s base and indicated it with a nod. ”Have a look.” He encouraged lightly. Upon further inspecting, the younger stallion would see another type of flowering plant that was struggling to get the proper sunlight it needed to thrive. ”This ivy has gone untamed for too long. It does more harm than good now, as pretty as it may be.” He let go of the ivy, letting it fall back into place around the smaller plant. Perhaps he would come back to tend to it another time, or let nature deal with the tiny thing as she saw fit.

He looked up, meeting the vivid gaze of the mottled stallion. There was something inherently feminine about him, and it unsettled the king to be looking at him in such a way. He averted his eyes quickly, turning back to the conversation. ”Well...I studied quite a lot actually. Mostly politics…” He said, his voice dropping to a murmur. ”It’s not as fun as the studies of vines and earth, I’m afraid.” He paused again, not really feeling up to the conversation of politics and the like. He missed the simpler times in his life where it was more common to talk about the day’s plans rather than the positions of power.

Kasil’s ear flickered in the direction of the stag, a little frown finding it’s way to his lips. ”Yes?” He replied, the surprise in the youngster’s tone not unexpected. He chuckled then, the features of his face relaxing. ”But, to you I am just Kasil...alright?” He said with a little smile, as if the two of them shared a great secret. He could use more friends, not more wary citizens. ”I take it that you are from Delumine, then, Po? It’s been quite an interesting few years for me. Perhaps you can share what you know? Aside from the last couple of months, I’ve been away from home a long time.”

eee sorry this took so long to get to you!

coding by Avis

@Ipomoea

Messages In This Thread
someplace to call their own - by Ipomoea - 07-10-2017, 02:16 AM
RE: someplace to call their own - by Kasil - 07-13-2017, 03:20 PM
RE: someplace to call their own - by Ipomoea - 07-20-2017, 04:51 PM
RE: someplace to call their own - by Kasil - 08-09-2017, 03:55 PM
RE: someplace to call their own - by Ipomoea - 08-16-2017, 03:09 PM
RE: someplace to call their own - by Kasil - 08-29-2017, 03:59 PM
RE: someplace to call their own - by Ipomoea - 10-09-2017, 03:29 PM
RE: someplace to call their own - by Kasil - 10-18-2017, 03:41 PM
RE: someplace to call their own - by Ipomoea - 11-28-2017, 03:19 PM