Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - we have nowhere to hide

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

Despite my words to balance the reaction they might have to Damaris, her sudden appearance is received wih a certain apprehension. Not that I can blame them. After all, a dark form with glowing green eyes would scare me, too! (Not that I'd admit to such fears, of course.)  The dotted mare has a relatively calm response, wondering exactly 'what' a Damaris is. I don't respond at first, instead focusing on the near skull-shattering she might have received at this Tor's hoof. I feel my chest tighten, but she passes unharmed into the water, and the stallion lowers his leg again. I left out the breath I didn't realize I'd taken. I love it when you are happy and enjoying yourself, but be careful around strangers! I scold my hound softly, but despite my warning I know her wisdom greatly exceeds my own.

The dark beast ignores my scolding and instead enjoys her time in the water. I take in the full appearance of Tor, and the more interesting.. intelligence.. of the mare. Though she hasn't named herself, she certainly won't be forgotten anytime soon. Neither of them will. I dip my head courteously to each of them. "Of course, you're right, Tor. She's normally not so.. effusive." Big words Rosti boy, who knew you had such an expansive vocabulary! I glance between him and the maiden, vaguely feeling like I've disturbed something, but also not really caring. "I am Rostislav, and Damaris is my companion - a hellhound, specifically."

Damaris glances up at me, a glimmer of mischief in her eyes. Almost as if she was a puppy again. I think back then to what the mare said about Tor looking... different. I take my eyes away from the hound and examine both of them. "In fact, dear lady, you both have attributes that may be described as... 'different.' I'd say I'm rather fond of each of them." I wonder in the back of my mind if the sincerity in my voice can be heard. Wings behind her ears, the cage-like structure at Tor's breast. Strange times, then....

WC:
Tag: @Araxes @Torstein
Sorry it took so long! Turns out I forgot to put it in my tracker too. Combo of that and not getting the alert = looong wait on reply

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
we have nowhere to hide - by Araxes - 07-23-2017, 09:40 PM
RE: we have nowhere to hide - by Torstein - 07-23-2017, 10:54 PM
RE: we have nowhere to hide - by Rostislav - 07-24-2017, 11:06 AM
RE: we have nowhere to hide - by Araxes - 07-24-2017, 11:36 AM
RE: we have nowhere to hide - by Torstein - 08-09-2017, 09:07 PM
RE: we have nowhere to hide - by Rostislav - 09-27-2017, 09:09 PM