Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - The Darker The Sky, The Brighter The Stars

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Seree

"Welcome to Denocte, Seree Quyi - It is an honour to have you."

'Denocte.'

They had been traveling for a time, but it had not quite fully sunk in that they had crossed borders as of yet until the word sounded. Of course, they had logically known from the moment their emerald hooves began to search for traction on the slopes of the mountains that this was no longer Solterra, and had known from the first kiss of cool, night air that they could wander without fear of the dreadful burn of the sun on their dark back, but it had not quite sunk in.

It did now.

"Reichenbach, Sovereign of the Night Court and Denocte, at your service."

Green eyes lit up as their ears perked in excitement upon the delivery of the name. They heard the title, and knew where he stood among the many that lived here, yes, but their interest lay more in the word that was more personal to him, that had been his from his birth and would be 'till his death, come what may.

They rolled it around in their mouth for a moment, tasting it as they let him continue to speak, not wishing to interrupt.

"I believe, Seree, that your search has ended."

He was smiling.

The name seemed to suit him.

"In Denocte there is a place for everyone - no matter what lives they have led before arriving here."

Reichenbach.

Strong. Dashes of harshness thrown in some of the more hissed syllables. But with a brightness to it.

Yes, suiting indeed.

But there were other statements to address as they tilted their head slightly, not questioning but only moving, so that they did not remain static for too long.

"I have little to hide or run from in my past, but I appreciate the intentions behind such a policy. Admire it, in fact."

It sounded almost like something they themselves would come up with. How could they not approve?

"I would be most honored to join the ranks of the Night Court, especially with a leader who seems as candid as you and customs so free. The strict rules of Solterra were never meant for me."

They'd fortunately left before they were in a position that would put them in conflict with those of higher powers. While they had no qualm with challenging something they did not believe in, they would rather simply avoid the troublesome combat that would no doubt ensue in a land that seemed fueled by self-righteousness and testosterone-driven aggression. Even in the women.

Truly fascinating but also far from the place meant for a pacifist.

Their hooves were light against the stone as they strolled forwards, graceful not from any intrinsic beauty, for they were nothing special to look at, but from the ease with which they moved through the world as a whole, simply taking things as they came. It lent a fluid serenity to their movements, but was coupled with the natural energy that thrummed in their veins, always inviting them to pick up their hooves and dance. The whole picture gave a sort of grace to their walk, the serenity and humming music under their skin in equal measures for now.

They paused momentarily as they came to the side of the Sovereign, leaning slightly to bump their shoulder lightly against his with a friendly upturn of the lips, an inquiry dancing in their eyes and spilling forth with their voice.

"Say, would you happen to be in need of any to care for those who always seem to wind up with some sort of injury, be it from fighting or not seeing the log in front of them until they were already on the ground. I have many capabilities,"

They were not any genius, but their intelligence was not lacking either. And when coupled with their refusal to leave any task half-done, they could safely say they were more than capable of learning any new tasks they might need. They were also more than capable of pulling their own weight in a round of dance.

"but it's always better to do what calls to you the most, no?"

The worst he could do was say no.

@Reichenbach

OOC: Hi hello this is not late

Messages In This Thread
The Darker The Sky, The Brighter The Stars - by Seree - 07-25-2017, 12:42 PM
RE: The Darker The Sky, The Brighter The Stars - by Reichenbach - 07-28-2017, 01:08 AM
RE: The Darker The Sky, The Brighter The Stars - by Seree - 07-30-2017, 04:12 PM
RE: The Darker The Sky, The Brighter The Stars - by Reichenbach - 08-01-2017, 12:30 AM
RE: The Darker The Sky, The Brighter The Stars - by Seree - 09-15-2017, 09:05 PM