Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Move on through the evening light

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Seree

Seree Quyi was no stranger to aggression.

When you are born in the Day Court, especially when you flat out refuse to be involved in combat in any way, shape, or form. The face and manner of aggression is hardly anything new by any means. As such, when a wing like a knife snapped out with a hint of blood-thirst in its posture, the dark equine gave no more response than necessitated by the flicker of an ear.

Their smile stayed in place, their posture remained easy. They met the gaze that lingered on them with little fear, the only quickening of their heart the natural response of momentary startlement to the sudden movement, but even that was quickly fading. They did not step back nor show any hesitation, nor did they step forwards to meet the aggression with more violence of their own. Only the soft sound of their breaths and the eyes that met the gaze any sign that they were not lost in their own head, or that they were even there at all.

Said head did turn with curiosity when a combination of senses met them. The sound of approach and the sight of the aggressor's head turning to look at the place from which the sounds came. They followed the turn with their own eyes, said orbs brightening at seeing a newcomer adding to the slowly growing gathering.

And this one seemed... amicable.

"Greetings strangers, I am Rorschach."

Very much so.

"Perhaps you are lost, stranger."

More so than some of the others.

The horse of dark hues did not bother to hide the subtle changes in their expression, far from obvious in the darkness of the night, the darkness of their face, and the way everyone seemed to be looking elsewhere than them.

The way their mouth turned to a flat set, the way emerald eyes could not be restrained from rolling to the heavens as the males seemed to do little other than snap at each other and puff out their chests, even though they had only been speaking for a handful of seconds. Honestly, they had only just met. True, the one in the water had started it, but the other was responding instead of trying to defuse the tension.

Boys.

But as one of the stand-offish males looked to them, and inquired of them, they gave an answer. It would be rude not to, no? And at least he wasn't snapping at them now as well.

They did not move forwards towards any, only turning in the place they stood to better face the one who asked of them. They bowed their head with eyes closed for a moment, a greeting, before allowing the emerald gaze to be opened once more, sparkle re-ignited as they brought a smile back to their lips with ease.

"Seree, Seree Quyi. I am of Night, yes, far from lost, I dare say."

They paused, tilting their head, before raising a hoof to gesture for him to continue the conversation in turn.

"And I make the assumption from your questions that you yourself are of the Night Court, but I'm afraid I do not know your name."

Their smile grew, something like a pleasant trill of a giggle in the back of their throat.

"Care to rectify this great tragedy?"\

@Rostislav @Polunin @Rorschach

OOC: *runs in a month late with starbucks*

Messages In This Thread
Move on through the evening light - by Polunin - 08-03-2017, 02:01 PM
RE: Move on through the evening light - by Rostislav - 08-04-2017, 09:27 AM
RE: Move on through the evening light - by Seree - 08-04-2017, 02:18 PM
RE: Move on through the evening light - by Rorschach - 08-12-2017, 01:33 PM
RE: Move on through the evening light - by Polunin - 08-14-2017, 07:02 AM
RE: Move on through the evening light - by Rostislav - 08-14-2017, 08:13 PM
RE: Move on through the evening light - by Seree - 09-15-2017, 09:35 PM