Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- I know the score like the back of my hand;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Isorath

i s o r a t h
a king in his own right,
a king without a kingdom.

The statement lapsed the winged Kirin into a long stretch of silence, lavender eyes peering at him curiously from under a canopy of snow white lashes. Isorath isn't sure what about the statement struck him, but paired with the sharp smile which played on the Unicorn's lips, it was hard not to mull the words over with suspicion. Jealousy perhaps? While he had never shied away from the unique beauty of his own looks, evident in the way he preened and pruned his hair and how his scales shined like polished gold, it still struck him when such comments reached his ears.

A large portion of his forelock fell loose from the sharp curve of his antler, raining the shimmering strands over his face, only then did the silence break, an airy laugh escaped his pale lips. Lighter than air and silken in it's tunes, his head tipped to the side as a wry grin replaced the straight line his lips had been but moments before. "I'm sure they do," he agreed initially, clinking his talons thoughtfully on the floor, "but it is not the mares I aim to impress with my looks." He admitted, once upon a time perhaps, but that felt like it had been a lifetime ago.

It would be a fine day, with promise of a cool breeze on the air to take the edge of the suns magnificence. A perfect day for flying, and spending the hours lost to the cliffs and the lush fields. Back home, Sun's Reach would be alive and making the most of such fine weather, equine and dragons alike bustling overhead and through the street. If the thought caused a momentarily pinch of pain in his chest, he didn't let it show.

"Two strangers in a strange land." The kirin mused idly, a soft breath exhaled from his nostrils. If he had known the single horned unicorn had been reluctant in sharing his history, the next question would of been spared from his lips. "Where do you come from, Morozko? Another Court of this land, or another land entirely?" Already, Novus had proved to be as varied in it's inhabitants as it was it's land, each and every one he had met so far had been different than the last, no two the same. What was Morozko's story? Was he tied as the roots of trees to this place, or had he come here like a leaf on the wind?

The conversation turned back to him, and his own morning rituals. "I wake early to either run or to fly, if the weather permits." He responded with a small roll of his shoulders, the scales there glittering as the light shifted across their smooth face. Once his training was rigorous, hours upon hours under the blistering sun or battling the harsh winds. "I used to train for hours, but I've gotten a bit...lax." Isorath paused for a moment to glance at the other stallion. "Would you like to join? Though it looks like you've just gotten back from your own morning run."

"Isorath talks."

This styling is also nice for some non-obtrusive OOC credits, wordcount or banter. Don't forget that divider up there.

@Morozko

Messages In This Thread
I know the score like the back of my hand; - by Morozko - 08-03-2017, 02:48 PM
RE: I know the score like the back of my hand; - by Isorath - 08-03-2017, 04:22 PM
RE: I know the score like the back of my hand; - by Morozko - 08-06-2017, 10:27 AM
RE: I know the score like the back of my hand; - by Isorath - 08-08-2017, 07:41 PM
RE: I know the score like the back of my hand; - by Morozko - 08-12-2017, 01:06 PM
RE: I know the score like the back of my hand; - by Isorath - 08-13-2017, 03:23 PM
RE: I know the score like the back of my hand; - by Morozko - 08-15-2017, 12:20 PM