Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- I know the score like the back of my hand;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morozko

morozko
and all our footprints in the snow.

Morozko had not yet identified the jealousy for what it was, and if confronted with it he might have been caught between alarm and irritation, directed at himself. He was not generally given to such things, particularly over mares - he’d never had trouble in that department, though he’d also never grown a particular attachment to one.

But that is not the way the conversation goes.

Isorath’s airy laugh breaks the stilted silence and the unicorn’s black-tipped ears flick, unsure how he feels about the reaction - and then the kirin speaks and Morozko is surprised into blinking. Oh. Oh. “Ah,” is all he manages to say, and his expression slides again (rather less covertly than he might hope) over the stallion, processing this new information.

He can think of nothing more that seems appropriate say, and he is glad when the conversation moves on - though the question has his expression smoothing, once more impassive. “I come from Veteris, the old world. Specifically the Winter Court, where her grace Rannvieg was born.” That information was both harmless and readily apparent, and his tone was offhanded as he shared it, though his gaze watched Isorath curiously.

The gaze turns appreciative as the stallion speaks of his own training regimen, and Morozko nods. “You’ll find the weather agreeable, this morning.” At Isorath’s invitation, the unicorn’s smile returns, and he considers him for a moment before giving a rueful shake of his head. “Not this time - I did just get back, and I’m not in the shape I’m used to, either. But I would like to take you up on it, and soon.” Already he was measuring them up against one another in his head, and wondering which would outmatch the other.

The idea that he might have his ass handed to him was enough motivation to fuel his training for weeks to come.

“Have a good session,” he says, and glances once more at those amethyst eyes before stepping past him, into the still-quiet darkness of the building. “It was a pleasure to meet you, Isorath.” Somewhat to his surprise, he finds that he means it.

@Isorath figured it was a good place to wrap it - spar soon? I’d also be happy for another thread of theirs down the line :) I like your boy.

Messages In This Thread
I know the score like the back of my hand; - by Morozko - 08-03-2017, 02:48 PM
RE: I know the score like the back of my hand; - by Isorath - 08-03-2017, 04:22 PM
RE: I know the score like the back of my hand; - by Morozko - 08-06-2017, 10:27 AM
RE: I know the score like the back of my hand; - by Isorath - 08-08-2017, 07:41 PM
RE: I know the score like the back of my hand; - by Morozko - 08-12-2017, 01:06 PM
RE: I know the score like the back of my hand; - by Isorath - 08-13-2017, 03:23 PM
RE: I know the score like the back of my hand; - by Morozko - 08-15-2017, 12:20 PM