Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - out of the mid-wood's twilight

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

I'm not looking for anything in particular
But I'm far more desperate than you think
I wonder what it's like to be the universe
Experiencing itself ironically

Florentine’s smile warms his heart, appreciating her attempt to comfort him (even if he did not quite believe her—Po would gladly take all of the hardships she had just listed if to experience flight but for a day). “You’re very kind,” he remarks, laughing easily at the exaggerated displeasure crossing her features. “That is a lot of preening to do—these take only a minute!”

He is reminded, briefly, of Araxes—the spotted girl with wings beside her ears—and he lifts his head in a pleased manner. “They do a bit, yes—but they’re so small, if I put them against my legs they’re safe as can be.” He demonstrated it for her, but it didn’t matter to him whether she watched or not. The miniature wings were only against his fetlocks for a fraction of a second before they were back to fluttering, as if they had little desire to be so constrained.

He watches them himself, fascinated by their tiny movements, before her words sink in and catch his attention. “Emissary?” he questions, pieces slowly falling into place. “Oh, I see! I wouldn’t mind seeing more of you!” His voice is bubbly, innocent and genuine as he nuzzles the Dusk girl’s shoulder.

“I enjoyed it, too,” he speaks earnestly. There is a bit of sadness, to see her go, but it is easily overshadowed. Ipomoea trusts her, this girl he had quite literally run into by mistake, and there’s little doubt in his mind that this will be the only time he sees her. Childlike faith has him already counting her as a friend, and certainly he will be reminded of her the next time he sees an eagle starting the day. “I hope you do get to see it properly, and soon; it really is quite the sight. Goodbye, Florentine!”

He watches her go, an easy smile on his face as the southern Emissary disappears into the green and golden foliage. “Come on, Al,” he speaks aloud to his companion, the songbird fluttering not far from his side. “Let’s see what else this day has for us.”

And with that, Po spins around to face the direction he had originally intended, lifting back into a frenzied canter as though the interruption with the girl of golden wings and dirt and flowers had never occurred, save for the memory he took with him.

!!!
@Florentine
and that’s a wrap!

I need some space to run around
I'll always have the underground
I'll build my road despite the cost
I'm not looking to be found
No, not at all

coding by sid
manip by rhiann

Messages In This Thread
out of the mid-wood's twilight - by Florentine - 08-03-2017, 04:37 PM