Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - From the Ashes

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

I watch her ponder, and though I've no clue what thoughts are spinning inside her, I know all too well that feeling of being lost inside them, spinning a web of memories and longings, that only make you yearn for more. It's not a feeling I enjoy, and one I've been trying to keep myself out of.  I watch as she pulls herself out of it, I wouldn't have noticed, except I've made that siwtch so frequently myself, that these days, I could never miss it. 

"You should be" I replied gently. "I am more at peace now, than I have been in a long, long time. " 

I certainly wasn't completely there yet. I still wondered about the fate of my children, and those who were left behind in Elysium, but at least I was somewhere now where I could look back at them as the past, and not be stuck in them at the present.  

I nod gently. "If you see her, tell her I'm sorry I left without a word, and that she can have my herb stores I left in the hospital"  
Her question surprised me. After all we'd only met once, and I'm sure I hadn't made a very lasting impression, in my city driven shock. "Oh good gods I didn't!" I laugh "I have never been so unsure of anything in my life. I just knew I couldn't handle it anymore. I kept..." I pause, mulling over how crazy I would sound if I let slip my thoughts. "I kept catching Liatris, my son on the wind, and he... he isn't here. He's long gone in some forgotten world, I couldn't do that anymore. Couldn't sit in the hospital be caught up in the past" 

"You can't really know these things Isra, you just... you just feel them, and decide. I could lie to you and say Caligo called to me, but to be honest... I don't much care for your gods here, and they don't seem to care much for me either. I've spent too much time trying to figure out where I'm supposed to be to wait to know things"  I finish sincerely.  I rarely take my own advice but I mean every word of it.  "I've already lasted for longer than I was supposed to, and I don't intend to waste what undoubtedly few years I have left" 

@Israfel
Lull writing more than three sentences of dialogue? who would've thunk it.

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
From the Ashes - by Luvena - 09-20-2020, 05:35 PM
RE: From the Ashes - by Israfel - 09-21-2020, 09:57 AM
RE: From the Ashes - by Luvena - 09-21-2020, 11:08 AM
RE: From the Ashes - by Israfel - 10-03-2020, 01:07 PM
RE: From the Ashes - by Luvena - 01-01-2021, 03:30 PM
RE: From the Ashes - by Israfel - 01-08-2021, 10:02 PM
RE: From the Ashes - by Luvena - 01-12-2021, 01:17 AM