Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Devour

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Auru

He distantly saw the bundle of flowers plop to the grass below, rolling just in his peripheral field of view. He was a tad bit preoccupied at the time and paid them little mind.

"Oh! I’m so sorry! Please hold on sir, if you’ll just let me near you I can—"

He was distantly aware of her attempting to approach him, as well as his own retreat from the situation. It was less so that he was trying to get away from her, and more so that he was staggering back as he tried to maintain his footing on the ground below him. Had the world always been spinning like that?

When he eventually managed to look up at her, not quite sure was too think as his body and mind were still more concerned with making sure he was going to survive the next five minutes, he realized just how close the two of them were. A light cough behind lips that tried to stifle it, and she seemed to realize how very near their faces were, and dancing away, lion eyes retreating. He followed her backtrack with rasping breaths.

She seemed just as startled by the situation as he did, and as both of them caught their breath from the momentary panic, he began to reach for his voice, ready to apologize for the scare. He really hadn't meant to worry her, he had just been startled at a bad tim-

"Ahahahaha!”

It sounded half-mad, and he was once again taken aback, this time truly taking a step back. A better alternative to nearly dying. Wide eyes could only watch as she managed to find her own words before he.

"I—I’m terribly sorry, I don’t mean to laugh at your misfortune,"

He hadn't even yet recovered the brainpower to think such a thing.

"I tend to laugh at inappropriate times, or so I’ve been told. I hope you’re alright now. My name is Cyrene. What is yours?"

It was a different experience, to be the one on the receiving end of such visible nervousness. He could recognize the mannerisms he so often portrayed as easily as the back of his hoof. Usually, even when he was spooked, he rarely received shyness as a response.

Concern?

Yes.

Apologies?

Also yes.

Embarrassment?

Not... really, no.

His brain clattered to a halt. He had never received such a reaction before upon being met. He had just nearly choked himself on his meal only moments ago, and neither brain nor body had quite caught up to the situation other than immense relief that he was alive. He had had his situation met with laughter that was swiftly followed up by what looked like social anxiety over having done the wrong thing.

He blinked once, an ear flicking as he tried to process.

He couldn't, not with his brain still in recovery mode.

So he neglected her question, and did the one thing he could think to do. Something he didn't think he'd done so freely since he was a foal, nearly doubled over with the force of it as his head dropped, eyes closing as he couldn't manage to keep them open under the force of his actions.

"Bahahahaha!"

@Cyrene

OOC: Not much happened and prob. not my best work but didn't want to leave you hanging any more after swearing to do it for several days now ^^

Messages In This Thread
Devour - by Auru - 08-08-2017, 07:23 PM
RE: Devour - by Cyrene - 01-04-2018, 04:01 AM
RE: Devour - by Auru - 01-05-2018, 09:39 PM
RE: Devour - by Cyrene - 01-06-2018, 12:12 AM
RE: Devour - by Auru - 01-08-2018, 10:22 PM
RE: Devour - by Cyrene - 01-13-2018, 08:09 PM
RE: Devour - by Auru - 01-18-2018, 05:12 PM
RE: Devour - by Cyrene - 01-29-2018, 11:09 PM
RE: Devour - by Auru - 02-07-2018, 04:10 PM
RE: Devour - by Cyrene - 02-23-2018, 02:58 PM
RE: Devour - by Auru - 02-25-2018, 03:21 AM