Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Devour

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Cyrene

CYRENE .
per aspera ad astra

When the dark-pelted boy’s laughter poured from his lips like moonlight, his lean frame shaking with the effort, Cyrene could no longer suppress her own mirth. It swelled out of her like snowmelt in spring, and melded with his; their laughter resounded through the firefly fields like a melody.

After she’d lost her mother and Cygnus, her vibrant, beautiful world was plunged into darkness—an endless night. She’d tried her best to live in that darkness, to find comfort in the starry skies. To stop wishing for the warmth of the sun. Once, she had even thought of herself like a paper lantern that had burned too brightly, too quickly. It was poetic, and brought her some consolation in a way. For a lantern could be lit again, could it not?

There was a tickle on her nose. A flickering firefly winked tauntingly up at her as it sat calmly on her velveteen muzzle, and Cyrene’s laughter ebbed as she wrinkled her brow. You’re a fool for landing on me, little firefly. Summoning all the concentration she could muster, she felt the air around her tense as she drew her limited telekinesis into action again. Too late, the smug firefly registered its impending doom and tried to zoom away in a panic—but it got only inches, for there it stayed, frozen in midair as Cyrene gave a gasp of delight.

"I’ve caught one!” she exclaimed, bright eyes shifting to the boy’s bronze ones in eagerness. "This telekinesis is quite handy. Once I’ve figured out how to properly use it, of course,” and her gaze dropped to the trampled chamomile bouquet in momentary embarrassment. It lasted only a second, before it was replaced with thrill as a familiar glowing light flashed from his direction.

"Ah, there’s another one! On your shoulder, enjoying the warmth from your fur I’m sure.” Releasing the stunned insect she held captive, Cyrene inched closer to him, completely forgetting the earlier incident in her excitement. Unfortunately, the girl’s attention span wasn’t much better than the glowing bugs she hunted—easily distracted was putting it too lightly.

"Look, I’ve got it! Two in a minute, what skill I possess,” she sang in a mock boast as she pranced away in glee, the poor bug trailing after her, still frozen in her telepathic clutches.

A distance away, Cyrene looked back over her gold-mottled shoulder as a wonderful idea popped into her mind. A mischievous grin spread over rosy lips as she addressed him. "How about a competition to see who can catch the most? If I win, you must tell me your name. And if you win…” she pondered for a moment, before shaking her head once and grinning. "Well, you can decide that if you do.”

@Auru | notes: she's a wild child ;A; make Auru win pls
rallidae

Messages In This Thread
Devour - by Auru - 08-08-2017, 07:23 PM
RE: Devour - by Cyrene - 01-04-2018, 04:01 AM
RE: Devour - by Auru - 01-05-2018, 09:39 PM
RE: Devour - by Cyrene - 01-06-2018, 12:12 AM
RE: Devour - by Auru - 01-08-2018, 10:22 PM
RE: Devour - by Cyrene - 01-13-2018, 08:09 PM
RE: Devour - by Auru - 01-18-2018, 05:12 PM
RE: Devour - by Cyrene - 01-29-2018, 11:09 PM
RE: Devour - by Auru - 02-07-2018, 04:10 PM