Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Devour

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Auru

She laughed back at his hysterical cries, Auru not knowing what to do with himself in the ridiculous situation he was suddenly in. It seemed the sentiment was shared, as they just kept laughing at one another, quickly devolving into not laughing for any reason other than that the other one was laughing. Why was it even still funny? It wasn't, hadn't really been funny to begin with, but they had to relieve the tension between them somehow, and this seemed better than any of the alternatives.

It was infectious, like a drug or a disease. Once it started it was difficult to stop. They just kept building onto each other, and just when he thought they might be finished, his abdomen would twitch again and there he'd go, giggling infectiously and snorting as he tried to fight back the laughter to, inevitably, no avail.

It was like convulsions. But a nice form of convulsions. He felt happy. There was something pleasant about this practically nonstop laughter, even if it was beginning to hurt. The continual endorphin rush left him grinning like a mad man, Anxiety silenced as the adrenaline, cortisol, and epinephrine were overwhelmed by the endorphins. He felt giddy. Not quite hysteria but pretty damn close.

His own laughter took longer to die off than hers, as the sight of the firefly on the stranger's nose seemed to incite another round of giggles, something his diaphragm was making sure he knew it did not appreciate. That did nothing to stop his laughter, however, if anything the thought of his diaphragm having a mind of its own seemed to amuse him.

...For some reason.

He wasn't really in any state of mind to be questioning it.

His laughter did die down as he watched the woman before him fumble with her telekinesis, a sentiment he could share despite being a native Novusean. His mental state often left much to be desired with his control over even this most minimal magic he held. Vespera help him if he ever developed greater powers, he'd surely cause some real damage to anyone who spooked him from then on.

That would be bad.

That was neither here nor there, and he refocused his musings on the potential outcomes of the future to look back at the woman, head pulling back as he realized just how close she had gotten. She seemed to be staring quite intently at a spot on his shoulder, and he craned his neck to try and see what she was looking at, confused by her sudden approach but still riding too high on endorphins to care outside of being startled.

Ah, there was another one of the glow bugs on his shoulder, and he watched as it slowly was lifted away from him and trailed after the red woman before him, who pulled back and returned his personal space to him as she began to prance about. The feeling of her breath gone from his skin, he felt his flesh momentarily ripple in discomfort as he shuddered, shaking the uncomfortable itch that built up after too close of a personal encounter.

"Look, I've got it! Two in a minute, what skill I possess."

Better than his in any case. With his luck he'd likely try to grab one, miss completely, and end up pulling on the mane of a court sovereign and end up starting an international conflict.

To be fair, that was a rather dramatic and over the top situation he proposed, but it could happen. You never knew.

He continued to watch the incredibly happy woman, and felt himself smile a bit in his own right, bemused if anything by how pleased she was at the simple accomplishment. Again, not that he had much to brag about, his own abilities at telekinesis rather lacking, but he was well aware of his faults, and knew that in the grand scheme of things, catching a firefly was a rather simple endeavor.

It was still nice, he supposed, to be so happy over something so small.

She was looking at him.

"How about a competition to see who can catch the most? If I win, you must tell me your name. And if you win…”

He was still a young man, only barely out of foal hood, and while he may have spent the majority of his life either with his parents or alone, his brain still momentarily raced off into a direction that was wholly inappropriate, before he shook it from his head at the same time as she shook her own head.

No, no, no, bad thoughts. Bad thoughts. Not going there.

He was going to blame the endorphin rush from laughing so much and never think on this incident again.

"Well, you can decide that if you do.”

Why was she making it worse.

Quickly, he had to defuse it before Anxiety grabbed a hold of those thoughts and made them worse. He didn't think he could handle a panic attack on top of that level of embarrassment, that would just be too much for him.

So he acted on impulse, trotting forwards and reaching out with his own telekinesis to grab onto the firefly she held as he stuck out his tongue.

"Well that's one for me, and my name's Auru Geniven, so I hope you can think up another prize while catching fireflies because if you can't then you won't even need to bother!"

He let the bug they had both grabbed onto go, counting it as one point for himself. She never said he couldn't re-catch what she already had. He then turned and began cantering off into the rest of the field, searching for the closest glowing insect to grab onto.

@Cyrene

OOC: Auru you naughty boy, this is my way of reminding myself that he is a young man who is completely pansexual so when he's not panicking his thoughts probably wander at times xD He's riding such an endorphin high that he's being much, much braver and more forward than he normally would be, good on you kiddo.

Messages In This Thread
Devour - by Auru - 08-08-2017, 07:23 PM
RE: Devour - by Cyrene - 01-04-2018, 04:01 AM
RE: Devour - by Auru - 01-05-2018, 09:39 PM
RE: Devour - by Cyrene - 01-06-2018, 12:12 AM
RE: Devour - by Auru - 01-08-2018, 10:22 PM
RE: Devour - by Cyrene - 01-13-2018, 08:09 PM
RE: Devour - by Auru - 01-18-2018, 05:12 PM
RE: Devour - by Cyrene - 01-29-2018, 11:09 PM
RE: Devour - by Auru - 02-07-2018, 04:10 PM
RE: Devour - by Cyrene - 02-23-2018, 02:58 PM
RE: Devour - by Auru - 02-25-2018, 03:21 AM