Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I Forgot How To Read A Map

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Auru

The man had turned and begun to try and bury his head into the rock wall next to him, soft cries escaping his lips as he clenched his eyes shut and pinned his ears against his skull. The crashing of waves frightened him so, and he couldn't bare to look for the howling wind that ripped at his ears and made him all but deaf as he rendered himself blind of his own volition. His stomach turned from where it sat in his abdomen, and he felt nausea pounding through him and seeming to make the angry organ in his belly beat as hard as his heart with every pulse.

It felt swollen and ready to burst as breath seemed hard to come by, the man feeling a sensation akin to vertigo despite his shut eyes. Auru whimpered quietly as another crashing wave brought forth a minuscule cry.

Oh Vespera, oh Vespera...

He didn't even notice the beats of descending wings, too focused inward as he tried not to fall, and tried not to pass out at the same time.

"This way."

He would have leapt upward in any other situation, but so much of his attention was already on keeping his hooves firmly on the ground, that he was startled by the voice, yes, but he did not slip, only spun his head around away from the stone to try and get a better look. His hooves seemed to dig into the rock all the tighter.

It took a moment for the kirin to come into view, Auru's eyes having great difficulty focusing as everything seemed two-fold, no four-fold, no... was that even a horse? He had to resist the urge to shake his head, instead only blinking forcefully and trying to will away the upset in his belly without bile creeping into his throat as he swallowed heavily, looking upon the unknown stranger who was ever so close, tapping against the rock with a hoof.

"There is a safer path back up, when you get to the Beach."

Auru looked to the man who leapt back to give him room, before looking back to the outcrop before him, then to the man again. He swallowed, and slowly found the willpower to lift a limb shaking like a leaf in a hurricane, and slowly managed to get the appendage set down on the rock before him, testing it lightly and slowly transferring his weight onto it. Another limb was raised and slowly set forward as he looked to the stranger for further guidance, not saying anything for fear his shaking would only get worse as he heeded the advice given.

He felt like he was about to cause an avalanche with his own vibrations alone. Honestly, he wouldn't be surprised. But nonetheless, slowly but surely, and with much frightened shaking involved, he got his hooves moving, eyes flicking only between the stranger and the path before him and he followed the instructions given.

@Isorath

OOC: It's fine cause I'm horribly late too Dx

Messages In This Thread
I Forgot How To Read A Map - by Auru - 08-13-2017, 03:55 PM
RE: I Forgot How To Read A Map - by Isorath - 01-27-2018, 09:49 PM
RE: I Forgot How To Read A Map - by Auru - 02-18-2018, 08:08 PM